Friday, December 7, 2012

Bejeweled: Jewel Tone Color Blocking OOTD

I've realized as I've gotten older I tend to reach for my black as I select my outfit of the day. Lets face it, I love to throw on neutrals (blacks, grays, browns, tans, etc.). It is so easy to come up with a cute outfit by going neutral from head to toe. But sometimes, those colors can be a little drab. I've always loved bright bold colors since I was a kid. I will never forget, each school year I picked my signature color scheme. My 7th grade year I was head over heels for lime green (don't ask me why). I had lime green hoodies, boots, Sauconys (who remembers Sauconys lol) and much more. The point of this story is I'm no stranger to color. But in my old age I tend to go where I'm comfortable.

Today's post will explore the deep, dashing Jewel Tones (I have an older post about Monochromatic Jewel Tone looks that you can check out). Just for a refresher jewel tones include the likes of colors like: Jade Green, Teal, Fuchsia, Plum, Burgundy, Orange, Cobalt Blue etc.




Yesterday as I was selecting my outfit of the day (OOTD) I wanted to wear my teal spiked wedges. I decided to create a color blocked outfit using two beautiful jewel tones: teal and cobalt blue.



The foundation of my outfit was a black boyfriend blazer from Forever 21. I also combined the blazer with a cobalt blue blouse which was thrifted (at a thrift store in Belleville, MI), a pair of black leggings from Target, my show stopper teal spiked wedges from www.GoJane.com and my teal ribbon necklace (I don't recall where I purchased the necklace from). The sunglasses were thrifted as well about 4 years ago from a thrift shop in Tallahassee, FL. The silver hoops were from Charlotte Russe, and my Michael Kors watch is from Macy's. Lastly to round out this color blocked jewel tone look I decided to wear my Kate Moss Rimmel Lipstick 04 in "Rosetto." This plum lip help to bring out the other jewel tones and created the picture perfect finish (the lipstick is pictured below).



I hope this post inspires you to throw on your jewel tones this weekend! Don't be afraid to rock out and be bold! Have a great weekend, I'll see you on Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment