Monday, February 12, 2018

Graphic Tee + Flare Jeans + Faux Leather Moto Jacket


I cannot believe I've lived in California for an entire month now! Time has literally been rolling expeditiously (shout out to Mrs. Rollins my 7th grade English teacher for encouraging us to learn grand words even as youngsters). I'm also an official California resident now (because my Georgia license expired on my birthday which was last Friday, so I was forced to go to the DMV, take and pass a 36 - questioned test in order to get my license)! One thing I love about Cali is the endless amount of things to do and see. So far I've briefly explored Carson (where we reside), Compton, Long Beach, Beverly Hills, Marina Del Ray, Torrance, Hawthorne, El Segundo, Century City, Culver City, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Inglewood, and of course Los Angeles. 



Beyond exploring new cities I've also enjoyed the beautiful weather, clear skies, sunsets, beaches, aquarium, malls, food, and more. While visiting with my oldest brother the 2nd week we were here, he invited my family to dine at Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles in Long Beach. Roscoe's is a California staple. The food is delicious and the name is legendary. Being a new Cali resident I've been getting accustomed to the laid back vibes. My wardrobe is starting to transition to more comfortable, convenient pieces like kimonos (check out the last blog post), t-shirts, and sandals. So when I saw this Roscoe's t-shirt while dining at the restaurant I knew I had to have it as my first little piece of Cali!





It's the perfect t- shirt to rock during a chill weekend with a cute pair of jeans or you can "dress" it up a bit more with a sleek skirt and heels/boots. I decided to pair my Roscoe's tee with my New York & Co. Eva Mendes Collection flare jeans along with my black cropped faux leather moto jacket, tan fedora and booties, yellow tinted shades, yellow tassel earrings, and my super cute red crossbody bag I scored from Forever 21 for $13. 










ROSCOE'S WOMEN'S TEE//via Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles - FLARE JEANS//via New York & Co.: similar here or super flares here - FEDORA//via Forever 21: similar here - SUNGLASSES//via Charlotte Russe: similar here - TIER TASSEL EARRINGS//via Forever 21 - BOOTIES//via Charlotte Russe: similar here - RED PEBBLED FAUX LEATHER CROSSBODY//via Forever 21

I love this look because it is so simple to create and fits multiple body types. All you need is a cute graphic tee and your favorite pair of denim (flares, boot cut, skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans, high - waisted, low rise etc.). For an extra polished finish, top it off with a cute leather moto jacket. Trust me, you will look effortlessly chic. I hope you had a great weekend and that you have a super productive week! Let's set our intentions today and go out and get it!!

Xoxoxo,
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment