Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Patterned Kimono + T-Shirt


Hi luvs! Happy New Year. I know! I know! I'm extremely late. But my January was SUPER hectic. For those that don't know (or follow me on my other social platforms: FacebookInstagram) my family packed up our entire lives in Georgia, to trek 2100 miles to the west coast, in sunny CAL-I-FOR-NI-A! We've literally been here 3 1/2 weeks and I've loved every minute of it. Cali is absolutely beautiful. There is so much beautiful scenery, clear blue skies, sky - high palm trees, and amazing weather 95% of the time. The vibe is super chill and the people are really nice. 




Since the vibe out here is so chill, I wanted my first outfit post to reflect my surroundings. I chose to pair a high low kimono I scored from the Forever 21 [Red] (down the street from our new apartment) with a basic white t-shirt, a pair of leather pants, and leather ankle booties. I accessorized with a pair of knotted tassel earrings in a matching green, and a pair of green - tinted aviators in front of a beautiful array of boats in a Long Beach Marina. 









HIGH LOW KIMONO// via Forever 21 (different colorsame color different pattern) - WHITE T-SHIRT// via Target ($6.50 option from Forever 21) - LEATHER PANTS// via "The Coolest Monkey in the Jungle" Retailer: that I'm currently taking a hiatus from (similar option here) - ANKLE BOOTIES//via Old Navy (similar suede option) - KNOTTED TASSEL EARRINGS//via Forever 21 - GREEN AVIATORS//via Charlotte Russe (similar here) - BLACK FEDORA//via Forever 21: old (similar here)



This look was easy - breezy to create and is even easier to replicate. With 3 simple pieces you can create this look over and over again and look flawless every-time. All you need to create this silhouette is a kimono (it can be solid, printed, patterned etc.) + a t-shirt (basic tee, graphic tee, lace tee etc.) + a pair of your favorite bottoms (leather pants, jeans, a skirt, joggers, leggings etc.). This outfit helps you look put together without even trying. As Grayson begins to become more and more active I need clothing that will allow me to get up and go without a fuss. This is one of those outfit options. This will definitely be one of my go - to outfit options when I need something quick, stylish, and effortless. 

I cannot wait to take you all on this journey of exploration of my new city and state. I look forward to exploring more cool locations to shoot blog pics (like this marina we found in Long Beach) and fine - tuning my wardrobe to fit my new Cali lifestyle. Here's to an amazing 2018! 

Xoxo,
Ali

1 comment:

  1. Very nice.- the ensemble, and of course California. Happy for you and family.

    ReplyDelete