Wednesday, February 13, 2013

27 and Fabulous

This past weekend I celebrated my 27th birthday. It was definitely one to remember. My actual birthday was Saturday, February 9th, but I kicked off the celebration early (I think I'm just going to keep continuing to celebrate for the entire month)! Thursday, my hubby and bestie Jasmine teamed up for a grand surprise. My bestie, who is a flight attendant flew in too chill with me and Derrek for the day. They tricked me because I thought we were going to the airport to pick up Derrek's older brother but low and behold, my best friend was waiting!! I was very surprised to say the least.

 The day started off a bit rough, I must admit. I had my iPhone in my pocket and it accidentally got smashed in the car door, while in my pocket. So the first stop on the bday excursion was the Verizon store.

The damage to the front of my phone after smashing it in the car door :(

Once I got my new iPhone (4s) me along with my entourage, headed to do one of my favorite past times, SHOPPING. We headed to Perimeter Mall to check out some of the latest fashions. I picked up a couple pieces,  (a neon blazer and an all black number with sheer detailing from Forever 21), which are pieces I rocked during the weekend (you will see later on in this post).


Zip Pocket Blazer in Citron: Forever 21 - $34.80
Split Maxi Dress: Forever 21 - $27.80



After our first day of shopping we dined at one of my favorite restaurants (to hit up when we go to the ATL), The Cheesecake Factory. The food was DELICIOUS and the red velvet cheesecake was to die for. We topped off the night watching the scandalous SCANDAL (my favorite show). My mouth is still dropped from all the juicy drama in that episode.

The food was delicious as it looks: Four Cheese Pasta and Red Velvet Cheesecake

Friday, me and the hubby enjoyed each others company as we went perusing through the stores at Atlantic Station downtown Atlanta. They had a few great stores like DSW, H&M, and Target. Unfortunately, I was unable to find something that I really liked but it was still fun to look. Later that night we had our first experience at the Fork & Screen AMC Dine - In Theater where you watch a movie while being served restaurant style. We went to see The Side Effect (which was definitely not what I envisioned it to be...but pretty decent nonetheless).


FRIDAY'S PRE - BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION OOTD 
I paired the Neon Blazer (Forever 21) with my Leather Tee with a sheer back (Off The 5th), Faux Leather Jeans (Forever 21), and Sneaker Wedges (Target)


Top photos are of the Side Effect Movie Poster and the Actual AMC Dine - In Theater we went to in Buckhead, GA
The bottom photo is just to show you how the theater looks inside (for those who actually care lol)


Saturday, my actual bday, we started off with a nice workout at the hotel gym! It felt good to work up a sweat before getting the day going #teamnoexcuses. Then we got dressed and headed out to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, On The Border. It was super delicious and our waiter was mad cool. Then we traveled to do some more "shopping" or shall I call it browsing at Nordstrom's Rack, TJ Maxx, and DSW (again).


BLACK CHERRY BIRTHDAY OOTD (DAYTIME LOOK)
You've seen all these pieces on my blog before. Like I mentioned in an earlier post it is easy to mix and match the leather pieces that I purchased, which give you endless outfit opportunities.
Cream Blazer with Leather Collar (Forever 21), Leather Peplum (Narcistik Boutique), Black Cherry Leather Panel Leggings (H&M), Sneaker Wedges (Target)

Here is a recap of my daytime birthday celebration: On The Border Meal (Chimichanga with Rice & Black Beans and Sopapilla's with chocolate and honey), Me and the hubby at On The Border, and bday Instagram pics (Shoutout to the homie Jeanine for the cute pic)

We ended the night partying at club Compound in Atlanta. Me and the hubby got dressed and stepped out for a night on the town. Here's a brief photomontage of the night!


BIRTHDAY NIGHT ON THE TOWN OOTN 
Photoshoot in the parking garage:
Split Maxi Dress (Forever 21), Double Buckle Wedges (Target), Snakeskin Clutch (Target), Junk Necklace (Charming Charlie's)


Night Cap (l to r): Snapping pics in the elevator, Club shot, #TeamUs, Pizza @ 2AM, Just Me, iMadeFace (does it look like me)?, Us in the elevator, Outside view of the club, the Birthday Girl


These are all the birthday gifts I received
Sherri's Berries Strawberries (Mother - in - Law), Prabal Gurung Floral Sweatshirt, Neon Sandals, and Rubber Boots (gifts to myself all purchased from Target), Birthday Cards and Gift Cards/Checks (God Mother, Best Friend, LC Sisters - Shelley and Shari, Grandparents)

All in all I must say, turning 27 was fabulous. I had an awesome birthday this year that was totally unforgettable!!! I can't wait to see what else this year has to offer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment