Monday, July 25, 2016

White Maxi + Lace Kimono


One of the reasons (among many others) I started my blog was to show real women, like you, how to take your wardrobe and remix, reuse, and revamp looks with simple items that you already have in your closet that are readily accessible. I don't have an endless supply of money or clothes so I reuse a lot of the pieces in my closet and make them appear different simply by mixing and matching, and switching and swapping different foundational pieces to create new looks.

I took that same lace kimono that I wore last week here and revamped it by swapping my floral crop top, distressed jeans, and fedora with my white maxi dress and floral headband. By simply exchanging my crop top and jeans for this maxi it gives the look a whole different personality. I truly felt like a little "Flower Child" or "Hippie!"

I am not one of those bloggers who wears something once and lets it sit in my closet. If I love a piece I will wear it over and over., with NO shame. I try to challenge myself to change up a look by switching up my styling methods each time I wear it! If you are one of those people that wear the same thing again and again try challenging yourself to see how you can remix your current pieces by styling them differently the next time you wear them. 











Outfit Details: Lace Kimono (Charlotte Russe), Maxi Dress (gift: Express), Floral Headband (DIY), Aviators (H&M), Necklace (Forever 21), Earrings (Charlotte Russe), Charm Bracelet (Juicy Couture), Sandals (old)

This look made me want to just throw up the peace sign and twirl around in a meadow of sunflowers! I received a ton of compliments on this look (even one that made me blush from one of my nephews who told me...."Auntie Lish you look beautiful!"). Talk about a confidence booster. All you need to accomplish this look is a simple kimono (which you can score from stores like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Forever 21, H&M etc.) and a simple maxi and wallah, you have the look. I truly love the look because it has ease, comfort, and most importantly...I didn't have to iron it (that's a BONUS)! 

I hope you have a wonderful, productive, positive Monday! I will see you later on this week. Have a great day!

-Ali


1 comment: