Monday, July 4, 2016

Polka Dot Peplum + Denim Flares



HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! I hope you are having a safe, fun - filled, day with family, good food, great conversation, and good vibes. Today I am going to spend the day enjoying the company of my husband, admiring the sunshine (from the coolness of my home), doing some house cleaning, work on job applications, and catch up on some reading. So I have a pretty full day ahead of me. Of course I will enjoy some good food at some point in the day and even go for a walk with the hubby at some point during the day. Before I jumpstart my holiday festivities I wanted to show you my patriotic take on red, white, and blue. 

I wanted to show my patriotic pride going to church yesterday...but I also wanted to be casual chic. So I pulled out this cute white and powder blue polka dot top (with peplum detail) that my aunt purchased for me (back in Michigan) and paired it with my New York and Co. Eva Mendes Denim Flare jeans. I love silhouette that the peplum top and denim flares creates. They jeans make my legs look super long and the peplum adds a dramatic effect. I took my red pom - pom key chain and turned it into a cute broach for added detail. I also wore my red fringe sandals to further tie in the red element into my red, white, and blue ensemble and to help keep my pants from dragging on the floor. 










Outfit Details (Ali): Polka Dot Top (Gift), Denim Flares (New York & Co.), Red Fringe Sandals (Charlotte Russe), Louis Vuitton Bag (Graduation Gift), Red, White, & Blue Pom - Pom Ball Key Chains (Beauty Supply Store), Sunnies (Forever 21), Clip - On Earrings (Thrifted)
Outfit Details (Derrek): Button Down (Old Navy), White Pants (Macy's), Polka Dot Socks (Not seen: TJ Maxx), Denim Boat Shoes (Forever 21 Men)

I was able to drag my husband who also doubles as my blog photographer from behind the camera to snap a couple of photos of him before our holiday photoshoot ended. I was able to even get a couple smiles out of him for once. It was a great shoot with the perfect outfit to accompany the essence of the 4th of July in an elevated casual way. I will definitely be putting this shirt into the summer rotation for sure. Plus these pants have become my new favorite summer bottoms. So don't be shocked if you see them multiple times on the blog in the upcoming weeks. 

Well, I know you gotta go get to your BBQ's so I will let you go. Until them I'll check you later fashionistas. Happy holidays!

-Ali

6 comments:

  1. I'm in love Suga you look so cute! I see you Derrick!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top....your aunt did a great job gifting you with that. And my mother thought your top was beautiful and quite unique,as well. And I see you, Derrek! Come on, Bro Anderson!!! You betta smize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Boh! We appreciate it! Tell your mom I said thanks.

      Delete