Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Dreaming In Color


Vision boards are not a new concept. They've been on the scene for quite some time. You start to think about "WHAT YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP" the closer you get to 30. I don't know if that's a requirement as your rite of passage into "real" adulthood. But your dreams and goals begin to be like a glaring red light that you cannot ignore. Some people fall into the gap, dive head first, and chase their dreams while others decide dreams are just dreams and reality is the name of the game that they've been predestined to. But when I tell you that writing out your dreams and goals and having a constant daily reminder of the things that drive your inner soul is what life is truly about. I remember the first time I stumbled across the Bible verse Habakkuk 2:2: And the Lord answered me: 

"WRITE the VISION; MAKE IT PLAIN on tablets, so (s)he may RUN who READS it!"  

This scripture blew my mind. It is literally saying, write down, see, visualize your visions, dreams, goals and make them plain. In other words be as direct, straight to the point, or specific as possible so God, you and the Universe know EXACTLY what it is that you are trying to accomplish. It goes on to say we write our inner most dreams down so that he or she who reads it can run! In other words when you write out your dreams you begin to to see them in color, you begin to brainstorm, you begin to plot how you can accomplish them! You begin to take the necessary steps to make these dreams become apart of your personal reality. When those things that you wrote down begin to manifest themselves you begin to buy into the system that there is some truth to writing down your inner most visions. Then it becomes an endless cycle of dreaming in color, writing down your goals, taking the necessary steps to accomplish your goals, accomplishing what you set out to accomplish...then repeating the process! Over and over again. 

Why am I talking about dreams. I realized that some of the things that I wrote down 3 YEARS ago from my 2013 Vision Board I created are beginning to manifest themselves.  For example:

  • Going back to school for fashion - CHECK
  • Getting all A's - CHECK
  • Graduating Summa Cum Laude - CHECK
  • Getting a feature in Instyle Magazine (I wasn't in their magazine YET....[you gotta speak it into existence] but I was featured on their digital platform here)! - CHECK
  • Starting a family (I did begin the process, but lost my little angel...but I'm still grateful for his presence and the many lessons this tiny human being taught me)! - CHECK
Example of my Vision Board hanging up

Just seeing my vision board, seeing the things I've accomplished thus far is truly blowing my mind and inspiring me to dream BIGGER, go DEEPER, and increase my FAITH and FREQUENCY to align with those things that God has in store for me. Those things deep rooted deep within that I haven't even tapped into yet. I've been reading A LOT more this summer tapping into a wealth of knowledge about creativity, tapping into your BEST self, and living the life you've always dreamed of. While it may seem silly to some I am buying into the notion that I can have what it is that I envision. It's not a matter of IF I can obtain it, it now is a matter of WHEN it will come true! I dare you to dream in color. I dare you to believe the things that keep you up at night! I dare for you to tap into all the gifts and talents and passions God has buried within you! When I tell you your life will be FOREVER changed....don't take my word for it. Try it for yourself! In the meantime....

"Don't Quit Your Daydream!"

My feature as "Reader of the Week" on Instyle.com here


I hope you have a fantabulous Wednesday! Don't forget to take on the day with a grateful heart and a mind prepared to accept all the great things in store for you!

-Ali

4 comments:

  1. I love this! I also believe in vision boards and writing out your goals and dreams.Thank you for this reminder. This was right on time:) #Confirmation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following your story has been so inspirational! Thanks for stopping by. Just seeing you on PR made me believe in dreams coming true. Keep rocking girl :)

      Delete
  2. I don't keep a vision board, but I do keep a prayer book and the results are the same. Thanks for reminding us that our wishes and desires do come to fruition. You are an example of that. See you in Style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Sis. Womack. I also keep a journal where I jot down my goals and dreams as just another way to remind myself of what it is that I want to accomplish.

      Delete