Friday, October 27, 2017

Loving the Me I See


One thing I constantly tried to tell myself throughout my pregnancy and before Grayson's arrival was to not lose myself - my sense of style, my personality, my social life, my relationship with my husband etc. - or my identity because I added the new title of mommy to my resume. Because I've always prided myself on looking nice before Gray arrived I told myself I would try to maintain some sort of upkeep so I wouldn't let myself go (physically, mentally, spiritually, or through my fashion sense - you see what I did there lol).




Let me be candid: Dressing up makes me feel good. That is why I go through all the effort to look nice no matter if I'm having solo mommy - time, if I'm on date night with my hubby, or if I've got my main man Gray in my arms. I like to look my best. When I look my best, I feel my best! While looking nice is high on my priority list, I never want my outer appearance to overshadow my inner. I think it's equally important to beautify our inner woman as well. I try to do that by spending time with God, reading my word and other inspirational messages, speaking daily affirmations over my life, being inspired by researching positive influences, and listening to encouraging music. Bottom line, I try to make sure my inner [wo]man and outer [wo]man are both in tip top shape!! Because no amount of nice clothing can make up for a terrible attitude or negative mindset! 









VEST// via Forever 21 (similar) - DISTRESSED JEANS// via Charlotte Russe (similar) - WHITE TEE// via Target (similar) - LACE UP BOOTIES// via Charlotte Russe (similar), SUNGLASSES// via Windsor (similar)

Being confident in who I am and who I am becoming from the inside out is what allows me to "love the me I see!" No matter my job title (at the moment it is stay at home mommy), no matter what my bank account may read, no matter how many likes, comments, or subscribers I have on my various social media platforms...as long as the reflection of the girl staring back at me in the mirror can accept her imperfect imperfections that is what matters. 

Do you love the me you see everyday in the mirror? Self - love is the key to creating the life you've always wanted. When you know who and whose you are (I am a child of the King, created in the image of the Most High God), you can confidently hold your head up high and fearlessly conquer your day *cues I'm Every Woman Whitney Houston's version!* So on this Friday as we prep to kick off the weekend, it is my prayer that you practice the art of "loving the me you see!" Be kind to yourself this weekend. Be bold! Be fearless! Be unapologetic! BE YOU beautiful. 

Enjoy your weekend luvs! I'll see you bright and early Monday morning.

-Ali

4 comments:

  1. I love the empowering message as well as the casual chic look. Yaaassss Ali!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sentiments exactly. Positive appearance encourages a positive inner and outer self. Keep up the good you!!!

    ReplyDelete