Monday, October 23, 2017

Twinning with Mommy


When I discovered Grayson's gender the fantasy of having my little mini me, a baby girl, flew out the window.  At that very moment I honestly thought I was striped of the potential to dress alike, teach my daughter about fashion, and play dress up. While I really wasn't caught up on the gender of the baby (I really just wanted a HEALTHY, LIVING, BREATHING child) I would be lying if I didn't say the possibility of having a girl made my heart smile at the very beginning stages of my pregnancy. 


When Grayson arrived all my thoughts for a girl melted away the moment I saw his face! Grayson was perfect! I traded in bows and tulle skirts for dinosaurs, trains, and harem pants (Side note: Somebody PLEASE put some valid effort into improving little boy's clothing options, our few little racks with limited inventory is pretty drab in comparison to the vast little girls section - I'd be willing to offer my suggestions for a fee...but I digress). 


So lets rewind to last week. Grayson and I go to the library every Wednesday for story time. Tip: If you are a parent searching for something to do with your baby or child, hit up your local library. Besides the array of books you can read with your child you can also find some amazing story times for babies and toddlers, and even free or cost effective activities and events. I wanted to put Grayson in a long sleeve outfit because morning temperatures have been a bit cooler (faux - fall...by 12PM it is burning up, which makes it very hard to figure out what to wear). I purchased this denim button up and army fatigue cargo pant set from the Carter's outlet back when I visited St. Augustine, FL about a month ago. I love the outfit because it pairs denim (with a tiny pop of color - orange) and army fatigue - which could be used as a neutral. *Please pardon my sons drool spots, he's teething. Parents know trying to keep your children clean is almost next to impossible!*


CARTER'S SET// via Carter's (similar) - MOCCASINS// via Amazon.com (similar) - WOODGRAIN SUNGLASSES// via Carter's (similar)










Once Grayson was dressed it was my turn to get ready. I drew inspiration from his outfit. I knew I had denim and army fatigue  in my closet, so I grabbed my Canadian tuxedo (denim from head to toe) then paired my army fatigue jacket on top to pull the look together. For my accessories I used my orange necklace as a pop of color (to match Grayson) and added a broach to ramp up the dramatics. I finished off the look with my tan fedora, lace - up booties I snagged from Charlotte Russe, and my green - tinted sunnies I scored from H&M. 


DENIM BUTTON UP// via Charlotte Russe (similar) - DENIM FLARES// via New York & Co. (similar) - ARMY FATIGUE JACKET// via Charlotte Russe (similar) - BROACH// via Hobby Lobby (similar) - NECKLACE// via Forever 21 (old) - BOOTIES// via Charlotte Russe (similar) - AVIATORS// via H&M (similar)


The outfit turned out great and I finally got my wish, I was about to twin with my little munchkin. I must admit, we look good as a unit! Don't you think so? As a mommy of a little boy, you are not totally striped of your ability to twin with your mini - me if you so choose. It just takes a bit more creativity and planning. 

Happy Monday Luvs, lets go out and conquer the day!!! I'll see you back here bright and early Wednesday morning! 

-Ali


4 comments:

  1. I can't deal with all the cuteness that is Grayson; he's absolutely adorable!!! My mother comments on how handsome and sweet he is every time she sees him. I love the twinning looks, you both look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Boh (and thanks to your mommy as well, so kind of her)! Thanks for stopping by and reading the post today :)

      Delete
  2. Grayson is too handsome for words!! You both look fabulous 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sis. Womack! We appreciate your kind words.

      Delete