Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Pin It - How to Accessorize Your Denim Jacket


As a mommy, being able to slip something on quickly is an art. This is one of those outfits you can "slip" on without a lot of thought or hesitation and look put together instantly. I love the idea of pairing an all black ensemble with a denim jacket. The all black gives off sleek vibes while the denim (especially a distressed denim jacket like mine) adds a little edge. I knew when I purchased the denim jacket I wanted to add something to it to help it stand out from its original look, so I started collecting a lot of pins, broaches, and patches. 

The patches accumulated on this jacket have been collected over time from stores like H&M, Hobby Lobby, and more. I think the most I spent on one pin was about $12. Other than that most of the pins I purchased averaged below or around $5. I love the pins because they add a unique twist to a classic piece. And the best part about it is that you are able to mix and match pins that fit your style and personality. 



There is no rhyme or reason with the placement of your pins (broaches or patches), that is the real beauty. You can be conservative and choose just one statement piece, or you can load up your jacket and have an enamel pin overload. It is solely up to you. No two denim jackets (with or without pins) are alike, which speaks to your individualized style. 









DENIM JACKET// via Charlotte Russe (similar here) - BLACK TURTLENECK// via Target (similar here in 4 different colors besides black & black here)- FAUX LEATHER LEGGINGS// via JCPenney (similar here) - FEDORA// via Target: old (similar here) - BOOTIES// via Old Navy (similar) - SUNNIES// via Charming Charlie's (similar for $5) - BLINGED OUT LIP BROACH// via Hobby Lobby - LIP, EYE, HAND, HEART SET// via H&M (similar here & here)- RIFFLE PAPER CO "LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE" SUNGLASSES PIN// via Merchant ATL (here) - "STILL A MOM" PIN & "BABYLOSS MOM" PIN// via Jolie Bloom (here & here) - A - L - I LETTER PINS// via (Hobby Lobby choose your letter here)

All the pins I have tell a story, from my "love" pin to my "Babyloss" pin, they express bits and pieces of me. I like the fact that these pins can begin a conversation without me ever having to say a word. The great thing about these tiny accessories is the fact that you can get an array of pins (patches, buttons, and broaches) that match your personality. I know for sure that this set of pins I have is only the beginning. I want to get another denim jacket and just "junk" it up with patches, pins, broaches, and paint. Just stay tuned. It's a project I want to work on in the upcoming future. In the meantime if you want to go down the rabbit hole and get some inspiration for your denim jacket application, check out Pinterest and search "Denim Jacket with Pins." I'm sure one of these boards/posts will grab your attention and spark your creativity into high gear. Happy pinning loves!

Xoxo,
-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment