Monday, June 10, 2013

Happy 1 Year Anniversary Honey!!!!

I can't believe it has been 1 whole year since I've married the love of my life...Mr. Derrek Anderson. This year has brought us closer together (literally)! After five long years of long distance dating (even while we were engaged, and the first four months of marriage) we were finally able to move to the same city, state, and house!!!!! I moved from Peoria, IL to join my hubby in Byron, GA late 2012 (November 2012). It's been a learning experience but I wouldn't have it any other way.

To celebrate our 1 year anniversary we were suppossed to  travel to the beautiful, enchanting Savannah, GA. But thanks to Tropical Storm Andrea for delaying our plans we had to postpone our trip until this upcoming weekend! I will make sure I share the photos from our adventure next weekend. In the meantime here is a snapshot from our year old wedding cake that symbolized our union and helped us to end the night with sweet celebration.

We were nervous to eat the cake after a year! But it was pretty good considering :)



OUR LOVE CAPTURED IN PHOTOS
I created a slideshow that chronicles our love starting from when we met in 2007 (time definitely flies) until now!!!! To think that we met at "nerd camp" to be married for one year is simply amazing! I am so excited about our future. The song you hear featured in the slideshow is a song that I sang (which was written by my friends Trumaine and Jamaris and the compilation by my friend Brandon)/had played at our wedding reception as a surprise to Derrek.





FLASHBACK WHO'S THAT?
June 9, 2012 at 5PM we took the plunge down the aisle and became Mr. and Mrs. Derrek Anderson! Here is a photo montage of some of the days events. 






I am looking forward to many more years to come!!!! #coupleofforevers

No comments:

Post a Comment