Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend Roundup: The Savannah Edition

I told you guys last week that I would be heading to Savannah, GA with the hubby to celebrate our 1 year anniversary milestone. Well, I must say I had a ball. Like I've heard so many times before, Savannah truly is a charming city. It has so much character and it's fun to explore. So here's a little recap of our trip and of course since this is a fashion blog, I will show you what I wore each night!

OOTD Recap
I wanted to bring outfits that were chill, comfortable, and of course CUTE! Savannah is all about walking and exploring so I wanted to bring cute flats (gladiator sandals) that were comfortable yet dressy enough to still look fly. Here's what I came up with!

OOTD from l to r:
1.) Geometric Romper (Charlotte Russe), Feather Earrings (Charlotte Russe), Guess Wedges (gift), Michael Kors Watch (Macy's)
2.) Leather Sweatpants (online boutique), Diet Coke Tank (Forever 21), Steve Madden Gladiator Sandals (unknown), Michael Kors Watch (Macy's)
3.) Feather Maxi (H&M), Metallic Flip Flops (Target), Gold BBW Earrings (MD Beauty Supply), Gold Watch (Target)
4.) Black Romper (Forever 21), Leopard Print Scarf (used as turban: Charlotte Russe), Steve Madden Gladiator Sandals (unknown), Snakeskin Clutch (Target), Gold & Silver Chandelier Earrings (Charlotte Russe), Gold Watch (Target)
5.) Black & White Maxi (Charming Charlie's), White Earrings (Charlotte Russe), White Sandals (Charming Charlie's), Michael Kors Watch (Macy's), Sunglasses (Forever 21)

I'm a sucker for colors and wild prints, but I also love black and chic silhouettes. It just depends on my mood. I really like the outfits that I took on this trip and the versatility they offered.


FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
We arrived in Savannah Friday afternoon after a two hour drive. We checked in at the Four Seasons then headed over to Paula Deen's restaurant "The Lady and Sons". We had reservations at 6:15PM but didn't get seated until 6:50PM. If you ever go, be willing to wait! However the food was worth the wait. She had fried chicken, shrimp, greens, green beans, rice and gravy, mac and cheese, a salad bar, ho cakes, biscuits, and peach cobbler. After dinner we went on a historic carriage tour ride (our horses Guinness and Justice were pretty chill horses) then walked around the beautiful city of Savannah just site - seeing!


This collage from Friday night just gives you a glimpse of our day. The pics you see are of me spectating Savannah street life, my delicious food I ate at Paula Deen's restaurant (The Lady and Sons), Our horses from the Carriage Tour (Guinness & Justice), The hubster and I, One of the gorgeous bridges overlooking a body of water downtown Savannah


SATURDAY SHENANIGANS
Saturday was pretty jammed pack. We drove out to Tybee Island (which is about 30 minutes from Savannah) but we didn't get the memo that everyone would be traveling to Tybee Island at the same time. Once we arrived we couldn't find anywhere to park. So we decided we would spend our time at the mall in Savannah instead of driving around aimlessly looking for a parking spot. We went shopping (but I didn't find anything that I absolutely wanted to buy), received an hour long couple's massage at Massage Envy,  then we ate at one of our fav Mexican Restaurants, La Parilla. We went back to the hotel room to chill then we went to see the Purge (which was absolutely bananas but I liked it). We then finished the evening walking around town enjoying the beautiful sights, music, and people of Savannah. We ate some pizza at Sweet Melissa's before turning it in for the night!


Recap of our Saturday: The corner pictures are selfies of me during the day and night (the bottom right is with the hubby), the middle pictures recap the activities we partook in that day massages, dinner at La Parilla, The Purge movie poster, and a nighttime view of one of the town squares in Savannah


Here's another photo montage of our Saturday. You can see pictures of the OOTD (Outfit of the Day) and OOTN (Outfit of the Night) that I wore, shoe pics, Hubby's outfit, elevator selfie of us, my Juicy Couture charm bracelet (I've been collecting charms for about 4 years), and our delicious pizza from Sweet Melissa's Pizzeria


SUNDAY FUN DAY
Sunday we just packed up our belongings and headed back to Warner Robins. We chilled, watched movies on Netflix, then we watched my Miami Heat team lose to San Antonio in the finals game 5 :( Now the series is 3 - 2 San Antonio up. But it's all good the series is headed back to Miami for the next two and Miami has not lost 2 game in a row since January. So I'm confident we will win game 6 and force a game 7! But that's neither here nor there. I loved the dress I wore today so me and my hubby headed to the park for an impromptu photoshoot before watching movies.



So as you can see, we had a busy weekend. But I enjoyed every bit of it! Before I finish my post I would be remissed without saying Happy Father's Day (again) to my dad, brothers, and grandfather (and all the father's across the land). These men have been such great examples of how fathers love, sacrifice, and strive to give their kids more! I love them all :)

This is a pic from our Wedding last year. You can see all the special men in my life: my two older brothers are on the outside in the back (they are pictured with their wives and children), my father on the left hand side (pictured with my mom), and my grandfather on the right hand side (pictured with my grandma). I'm so blessed to have these four gents in my life (of course I can't forget my handsome husband :)

No comments:

Post a Comment