Friday, November 14, 2014

Flash Forward - How to Style Flare Jeans


Sometimes the best way to get inspiration is to look to the past. I was reading an article about the best jeans to wear for the Fall on the (Rachel) Zoe Report and gathered a dose of inspiration on a morning when I was having a fashion brain freeze. Turns out that flare jeans don't just represent flower power or hippies. They can also help you "flash forward" creating a look that takes a nod from the past all while projecting a chic and effortless look. 

I paired my flare jeans with my tribal printed ivory cardigan, a crisp white button up shirt, and some booties to give off that 60s flare. My fedora is always the perfect accessory to pull off such a period inspired piece! 




Outfit Details: Cardigan (Forever 21), White Button Up (Old Navy), Flared Jeans (New York & Co.), Booties (Target), Fedora (H&M), Earrings (Forever 21)

As you can see it's easy to find fashion inspiration as long as you open your eyes to all the resources around you. From a simple email to flipping the pages of a magazine, inspiration can hit you at any minute; and when it does I hope you stop and create the fiercest outfit you can create!!!

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TIME PERIOD TO GRAB INSPIRATION FROM? 
THE 20s, 30s, 40s, 50, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, or NEW MILLENNIUM?

TGIF my luvs. Enjoy the weekend.

-Ali

2 comments: