Friday, April 7, 2017

#DoGood4DJ




While I am currently in mommyhood bliss, this time last year, I was in a much different head space as my sleeping angel DJ's due date approached. It was 3 months after I had suddenly lost my 28 week old baby with no warning. I didn't want to come to dread April 7th every year, so I made a conscious decision to take my lemons of losing a huge part of me and turning them into lemonade. I wanted to use my son's story and spin it in a positive way. So, I came up with the idea for the hashtag #DoGood4DJ. I wanted to use my son's name and legacy to spread love and positivity to total strangers and to the people closest to me. 


Performing a random act of kindness (RAoK) is a concept where you do something kind for someone and the only request you ask of that individual is that they pay it forward (pay it forward = doing something kind for someone else). You don't perform this random act of kindness to get recognition but more so to create a sliver of happiness in a person's day that doesn't expect you to do so. So as we remember my sleeping angel on today, I ask that you my readers would join me and my family as we celebrate DJ's legacy by performing one act of kindness to a person you cross today! It doesn't have to cost money (i.e. help an elder person cross the street, share an umbrella with a stranger, pay a generous tip to your Uber driver or waitress, buy a strangers lunch in line behind you etc.), but just do something unexpected for someone that you normally would not do something for. Then ask the person you performed a random act of kindness for to simply pay it forward!


As my dad says "it's nice to be nice!" You never know how your kind gesture can alter someones day. So, here's to my 1st munchkin DJ! We love and miss you a lot! Mommy will ALWAYS keep your name and legacy relevant as long as I have breath in my body. Use the hashtag #DoGood4DJ to let me know what you did today to spread love! 

#DOGOOD4DJ





Thanks so much for all your support. R.I.H DJ!!!

-Ali aka Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment