Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Rock Mom


One of my favorite people in the fashion world is stylist June Ambrose. I've always loved her positive attitude, her infectious spirit, and her fly sense of style. But the thing I love most about her is what I discovered when I started following her on IG a few years ago. Auntie June is the quintessential example of a rock mom. She works in the fashion industry (an industry that I WILL land a position in very soon - speak it into existence right?), she is a wife, an amazing mom of 2, she cooks healthy meals from scratch with organic foods, works out and has an all around fab life (not to mention a wardrobe to swoon over).  She is someone I don't mind trying to emulate, especially as a mommy, since she's an awesome Rock Mom! 






Outfit Details: Rock T-Shirt: Charlotte Russe; White Button Up with Puffy Sleeves: old; LC Pants: Kohl's; Cropped Leather Jacket: H&M; Lace - Up Booties: Charlotte Russe; Choker: Charlotte Russe; Mirrored Sunglasses: Charlotte Russe

Being a rock mom is not about being perfect, it is about doing your very best in all aspects of your life from being a great wife/partner, awesome mommy, career oriented, spiritually and physically centered, and most importantly aware of when you should block out time for yourself to rejuvenate. I haven't gotten it all figured out just yet, but I am on my way! Here's to all the amazing rock moms out there; and a special shout out to one rock mom I've had the pleasure of getting a front row seat of viewing for 31 years, my very own rock mom! I pray I can be as half as good as a mom to Grayson as you were to me and my siblings. Love ya mom.

-Ali





No comments:

Post a Comment