Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The Original + The Remix


While I was searching the world wide web last year I ran across a compelling picture of a young dad holding his son with shirts that read "The Original" and "The Remix." I loved the concept of the message so much that I had to find out where the shirts were made. So I did a little investigating and came across a Fort Wayne, Indiana Etsy shop seller by the name of KaAnsDesigns.  This shop is the originator (although you will find many copycats of the design elsewhere on the Internet) of the shirts simple slogans: the original and the remix! Before I even had Grayson, I knew at some point I wanted to order the shirts and have our pictures taken as a family in them.

So fast forward to a few months ago, I ordered the shirts (which took about 2 weeks to ship) for my husband, Grayson, and myself. Then I called up the photographer, Raven from A Blissful Moment Photography, that did our maternity shoot (you can see my blog post that included the photos here) for her (and her boyfriend and business partner David) to shoot our first family photos as a trio. She happily accepted and the rest is history. 




I knew I wanted all of us to have matching outfits so I ordered the shirts (in Grayson's case his shirt was a 3/6 month onesie), then I selected denim jeans that were all around the same hue. Lastly, I knew I wanted us all to have the same shoes so I went on the hunt to find shoes that would match the vibe of the shoot, coordinate with the outfit, and a shoe that we could find in ALL of our sizes. I landed on the Adidas Superstars (#classicshelltoes). The shoe was the perfect item to tie all of our looks together!  













We chose a quaint courtyard to shoot the majority of the photos in downtown Macon, GA before finishing up the shoot in a swanky lobby of one of Macon's premiere downtown lofts. Overall, I was beyond pleased with how the photos turned out. It showcases the dynamic of our little family! I love to capture Grayson on film (whether it's via pictures, video, or even Snapchat) because I hold these precious memories dear, plus my child is a ham...he loves the camera. One day I will collect all the photos and videos that I've taken of him growing up and will present them to him when the time is right. Until then, I will continue to enjoy these precious memories we are creating as a family! And look back with great joy on how our family grew in size but most importantly, in LOVE!

P.S. I couldn't do this photo shoot without having a piece of DJ near, so I wore my double stacked DJ nameplate necklaces so that our angel could be represented in our family photos as well!!! We miss you every day DJ! You're our guardian angel. 



Outfit Details: The Original Adult Unisex Tee (here), The Remix Onesie (here), Adidas Superstar Men's (here), Adidas Superstar Big Kids (here), Adidas Original Superstar Crib Infant Shoes (here), Hubby's Jeans (Old Navy), My Jeans (Charlotte Russe+), Grayson's Jeans (here in denim blue)
I'd love to hear what you do to create memories of your family? Family pictures? Vlogs? Letters to one another? Trips? Leave your answers in the comment section below! Happy hump day luvs.

Xoxoxo,
-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment