Thursday, December 6, 2012

Same Girl Different Hair Review/OOTD

As a one out of millions of fashion bloggers I like to view other fashion blogs to celebrate the differences, to gather inspiration, and to support others in a field which I adore...Fashion. When I stumbled on Confessions Of A Glamaholic (check it out at: www.confessionsofaglamaholic.com) almost a year ago I was very impressed and intrigued by one of my native Michiganders (a Detroit native),  who happens to be a young, African American woman doing her thing! She (along with her Glamaholic Team) created a blog that is hip, informative, and spot on with today's trends. Mia Ray, has created an empire. In just two years, she's started her blog, her Glamaholic Lifestyle (a space where you can shop all things Glamaholic), and her ever growing brand "Same Girl Different Hair" which now offers hair extensions.

I follow Mia through her blog, on Instagram,  and Facebook (I promise I'm not a stalker lol). She is such a kind soul. Very real and down to earth. Her personality is infectious. Although I've only met her once, I feel like I've known her forever. So, I felt it was only right to support her as she launched her newest project...hair extensions. For all that know me, you know I love to change up my hair, explore different trends, experiment with makeup etc. So I highly identified with Mia's slogan "Same Girl Different Hair." I've never liked to be thrown in a box when it comes to my hair. I like to experiment and have fun. I was growing tired of my box braids (lets take a moment of silence for them...they served their purpose for 3 long months) but I was missing my old friend - the sew in lol.  So I decided to give Same Girl Different Hair extensions a try. I purchased two 18" bundles (each bundle roughly contains about 4 oz of hair) of Brazilian Deep Wave . The hair is naturally curly. It has a thick/full texture (which blends well with my naturally thick hair) yet it is very light and bouncy. I am highly in love with this hair.

I wanted to give you a quick glimpse of the hair and show you my chill OOTD.

"SAME GIRL DIFFERENT HAIR" HAIR EXTENSIONS
Here is the hair in it's natural state. It has a wavy curl. It looks awesome but it feels even better. I even heard one of Mia's followers refer to it as "silk!"





THE INSTALLATION
Here is a collage of my hair after getting the extensions installed. They were installed by a wonderful stylist by the name of Shyanne. Follow her on Instagram at thee_stylist. I left the perimeter of my hair out so I can pull the hair in a high ponytail (if I choose too).


THE FINAL RESULT
I'm thoroughly pleased with the hair and the installation. The hair is perfect. Just check the pics, it looks like I have a fan blowing the hair lol. But it's just plain ol' good hair.



OOTD - TOMBOY CHIC
Ok, I felt like rocking my J's yesterday. I thought I was cute after getting my hair done, so here's what I came up with. I wore a faux leather blazer from Forever 21, a denim button up shirt from Target, some faux leather denim jeans from Forever 21, my all black Jordan's (IV), my heart charm necklace, heart charm bracelet, my silver hoop earrings, and my silver Michael Kors watch.



If you don't get anything else from this post, check out www.samegirldifferenthair.com for some awesome hair extensions. I promise you won't be disappointed. 

1 comment: