Monday, December 9, 2013

Pearls and Holiday Cheer

Hi everyone! How was your weekend? Mine was pretty chill, I must admit. I watched some football, discovered a new TV show (well it's not that new, but it's new to me) Dexter, went to church, and got some checked off on my to - do - list! During the Black Friday sale I was able to score a sweatshirt from Old Navy (similar here) and a pair of black "Rockstar" skinny jeans (similar here) which fit like a glove may I add. I stumbled across a cool DIY on YouTube and wanted to put my crafty side to work. So I took the plain slate gray sweatshirt (I purchased from Old Navy) and sewed pearls on the top to embellish the sweatshirt! I was really pleased with how the sweatshirt turned out. It brings me great Holiday Cheer just in time for the season of "ugly sweaters" although I think mine turned out cool.










PEARLS & HOLIDAY CHEER DETAILS
If you want to capture my look here are the details :)
Gray Sweatshirt: Old Navy, Black Rockstar Skinny Jeans: Old Navy, Denim Button Up: Target, Leather Jacket: H&M, Lace - Up Booties: Charlotte Russe, Snakeskin Clutch: Target, Sunnies: Aldo, MK Watch: Macy's, and NY Baseball Cap: Hubby's

I love taking things and making them into something new and unexpected. Take my sweatshirt for example. I was able to transform this boring sweatshirt into a pearl embellished masterpiece. Do you like doing DIY projects? If so, what are your favorite projects that bring you some holiday cheer?

-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment