Monday, January 26, 2015

Ali From The Block


"Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got
I'm still, I'm still [Ali] from the block
Used to have a little now I have a lot
No matter where I go I know where I came from"

I can't take credit for these genius lyrics from J - Lo's 2002 hit "Jenny From the Block" but the outfit that I wore on Saturday made me think of these down to earth lyrics and took me back to my days of blasting songs from the radio through my boom-box in my room. 

Sometimes you don't want to go all glam'd up on the weekends but you want to still look cute.  This past weekends were one of those weekends where I wasn't feeling throwing on some tight skinny jeans  so I opted for my favorite sweatpants, a simple white tee, and my denim jacket. I added some of my favorite accessories like my gold watch, faux Jeffrey Campbell platform boots, faux fur stole, and my patriotic Ralph Lauren Polo fitted to round out the look. I found an abandoned work space with graffiti and thought it would be the perfect backdrop for my laxed look.








Outfit Details: Sweatpants (Forever 21), White Tee (4imprint), Denim Jacket (Forever 21), Polo Hat (Ralph Lauren), Booties (Online Boutique), Gold Watch (Charming Charlie's), Faux Fur Stole (H&M), Earrings (Beauty Supply)

To get your Monday started right let me leave you with this little jewel lol. I hope you have a marvelous Monday! 

-Ali




No comments:

Post a Comment