Friday, January 2, 2015

Denim x Wheat


Have you ever waited for something so long and you thought it would NEVER come? Well, that's how I felt with these Camel Platform Rehab boots which are a spot on dupe for Jeffrey Campbell's (JC) HBIC boot; which are a play on the original wheat Timberland's. 

Original Jeffrey Campbell HBIC Boot - Sold out everywhere


With JC's version having a $250 price tag (and being sold out literally at every online store) I knew it was not in my budget. See the way my bank account is set up… lol, so I had to search high and low for a boot that I could purchase without breaking the bank but that looked as close as possible to the original. I landed on these beauties for less than $60 (shipping and tax included). Although I ordered them the week of Black Friday (November 29) and they were process to be shipped by December 1 I did not receive the boots until December 24 (after countless emails to the owner threatening to just cancel the order and receive my money back from an online boutique…which shall remain nameless). I'm so glad I waited for the product because I love the boots. They are super high, very edgy, and the perfect compliment to a casual outfit that you want to take to the next level. And believe or not, they are actually fairly comfortable given the humongous platform for support. 

I paired these lovely wheat's with my denim overalls, a plain white tee, and my cognac leather moto jacket to round out the look. I topped it with a bright red lip to finish the perfect styling for this simple look.











Outfit Details: Cognac Leather Jacket (TJ Maxx: Similar Here & Here), Overalls (Macy's: Similar Here), White Tee (4imprint: Similar Here for $4), Boots (Online Boutique: Similar Here & Here on Pre - Order - Order at your own risk), Statement Necklace (TJ Maxx: Similar Here)


They say great things come to those who wait. I guess they're right when it comes to my wheat platform boots. I can guarantee you will see a lot more of these babies this year! Do you think I pulled off my dupe well with my wheat platform boots? Let me know in the comment section below. 

And a big HAPPY NEW YEAR to you my readers!!!!!!! 2015 is going to be awesome I feel it in my bones and believe it in my mind :) Let's might it count. 

-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment