Friday, April 10, 2015

90s Groove


Although I was born in the 80s (1986 to be exact) I grew up in the 90s. The 90s raised me. With shows like All That, Kenan & Kel, Blossom, Clarissa Explains It All, Family Matters, Step By Step and countless others I learned what it was like to be a kid/preteen from these shows on Nickelodeon and on Fridays during ABC's TGIF. The fashions that I took in as a kid from denim, floral print, timberlands, box braids, and more are all but being recycled and brought back to fit modern styles. Like the old saying goes…there's nothing new under the sun! The outfit I'm wearing brings me back to those old school days. I opted for my floral dress, denim vest, and platform timberland inspired boots to bring back the 90s Groove. 





Outfit Details: Dress (Forever 21), Denim Vest (Forever 21), Boots (Online Boutique), Headband (Dollar Tree), Earrings (Charlotte Russe), Sunnies (H&M)



Speaking of the 90s you know what will make you feel old. Kids born in the 90s listening to some of the hottest 90s classics from all genres that we grew up on. After watching this video it made me feel like my mom when she used to hear an old school song (on our way to school) and she would utter those same four words…"now that is music!" I'm moving into that territory lol. In honor of Flashback Friday check out the video yourself here and see if it doesn't make you reminisce about the good ole days. Hopefully these old school jams will get you pumped for the weekend!

TGIF
-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment