Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Sweatshirt + Faux Leather Pants


"A" is for Ali. "A" is for awesome. "A" is also for academics. As some of you may know I am currently in school as an Apparel Textile Technology student majoring in Fashion Design & Product Development at Kennesaw State University - The Marietta Campus (formerly known as Southern Polytechnic State University). It is crazy to me that my 2 year journey as a fashion student is coming to an end in two short months. On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 3PM I will be walking across that stage (with Pomp and Circumstance playing in the background) obtaining my 2nd Bachelor's Degree. This time in a subject (FASHION) that I am immensely passionate about. While I have an idea of what I want to do post graduation I feel as lost as ever on what direction I will take. Should I move to Atlanta and start a fashion career there? Should I relocate from the state of GA into the fashion lion's dens of New York or LA? Should I entertain the idea of starting a family (for the 2nd time)? That old adage the chicken coming before the egg or vice versa sounds a bit like my life at the moment. Should I start a career and then try to expand my family once my career is established, or should I graduate, start a family, then go to work? Or can I have the best of both worlds and start a family all while starting a new career? 

Only God knows the answer. But in the meantime. I am working my butt off to soak up as much knowledge as I can about this industry that I am so passionate about, so I can confidently complete and defend my Senior Project, complete two major projects for each of my other classes (Ethics & Safety and Quality Assurance) and ultimately walk across the stage with my 4.0 in tact and the honors of Summa Cum Laude with my family cheering for me in the background (and my angel cheering me on from up above) #shorttermgoals. 


Today's outfit is one of many of my typical school girl outfits that I would wear to campus for a day of classes, meetings, and much more. 







Outfit Details: "A" Sweatshirt (Forever 21), Faux Leather Pants (JC Penny), Collared Button Up (JC Penny), Faux Fur Vest (Forever 21), Gold Oxfords (Zara) Sunnies (Forever 21), Statement Necklace (DSW), Polka Dot Planner (TJ Maxx), Black & White Journal (TJ Maxx)

Why must adulting be so hard lol! I guess "A" really stands for adventures! That is what I'm on and I'm strapped in, on the front row ready for the ride :) I'll catch you on the other side.

Happy Hump Day Luvs,
-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment