Friday, April 8, 2016

Sweatshirt + Black Slacks


When I throw on blazers and slacks I feel like I am about to conduct business. As a graduating senior with 33 more days until I graduate (who's counting lol) I have to be about my business in the classroom, in my books, during my studies, writing my papers, presenting my presentations, and collaborating with my three different groups, spearheading organizational meetings, and planning for life outside of being a scholar at Kennesaw Student University. With all this seriousness taking place in the next 4 weeks its always good to switch things up and add elements of fun into my routine. 

To lessen the seriousness of this look I opted to wear a sweatshirt underneath my blazer, pairing it with my slacks for a little more laid back sporty - chic office edition. Ali's Fashion Sense Tip: "Whenever you want to create a more laid back approach to office wear try slightly dressing it down by swapping a structured piece for athleisure wear." Think swapping a pair of heels for a crisp, clean pair of white sneakers paired with white slacks and a crisp white shirt or swapping a blazer for a bomber jacket paired with a sheath dress and pumps. 

You don't always have to go with the obvious choices in life. Try the road less traveled for once...at least when it comes to your wardrobe. You'd be surprised how you can breathe new life into your mundane closet by thinking outside the box when it comes to your simple garments (i.e. a blazer + sweatshirt + slacks). 









Outfit Details: Blazer (H&M), Sweatshirt (Forever 21), Slacks (JC Penny), Sandals (Forever 21), Sunnies (Forever 21), Feather Necklace (Charlotte Russe//old)

Its time for me to return to my grind so I can walk across this stage with honors! But before I go to enjoy my weekend...what business are you taking care of at this stage in your life? Is it graduation? Taking your career to the next level? Changing directions in life? Starting a family. Whatever it is...do it with a sense of EXCELLENCE! 

"Why be good when you can be great!" - Unknown

Let's slay the weekend boos! #Workhard #Playhard
-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment