Friday, May 13, 2016

Off The Shoulder Blouse + Flare Jeans


Hi! Long time no see. It's official. I finally am done with school (insert Dora The Explorer's "We Did It" song)! It's been a whirlwind the last couple of weeks with group presentations, exams, senior project, organization inductions, and of course GRADUATION! Now that I've crossed that bridge I can refocus on my blog along with jump starting my career in the fashion industry. 

While I was shopping for my graduation ensemble (I will do a post about what I wore next week) in New York & Co. (mind you this was the LAST store I looked in after being failed by my normal go - to stores) I ran across these amazing flare jeans and adorable off the shoulder lipstick blouse from Eva Mendes' new collection. While I hardly ever shop in New York & Co. because of the prices (I think they are way overpriced for the selection of clothes they offer) and lack of items I connect with, I was highly surprised at all the goodies I found that day. Not to mention all of the clothing was 50% off! You read that right...HALF OFF. I've been dying to get my hands on an off the shoulder dress or blouse and thought this top was the perfect purchase to fit my wish list. Not to mention the shirt couples well with the flare denim jeans I purchased...which gives a nod to the amazing 70s fashion scene









Outfit Details: Off The Shoulder Lipstick Blouse (New York & Co.: here), Denim Flare Jeans (New York & Co.: here), Fedora (H&M), Sunnies (Forever 21), Wedges (TJ Maxx), Necklace (Forever 21), Ring (Atlanta Apparel Mart), Ruby Woo  Lippie (M.A.C)


I absolutely love this look not to mention the fit. Eva Mendes had the curvy chick in mind when she made this collection (it comes in a large range of sizes).  Even better, they have a matching skirt (here) that matches the off the shoulder blouse (that I may go back and get to create a more flirty option). While New York & Co. is a little pricey they always have good sales and a bevy of coupons you can find floating around the Internet. 

If you are looking for a new trend to try this spring/summer season run and find an off the shoulder blouse (at places like New York & Co., Forever 21, H&M, Old Navy, Asos, Missguided etc.) and flare jeans. It is a silhouette that will look amazing on a multitude of body types. Trust me, you'll thank me later ;) Have a good weekend. I will see you bright and early Monday morning. 

TGIF Luvs,
-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment