Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Crochet Vest + High - Waisted Denim


When I first spotted this crochet vest in Rue 21 last summer I was very intrigued. I'm not one who typically wears crochet but I was very drawn to this 70s inspired article of clothing. The blush, wine, and white color combination is the perfect trio to give a nod to an amazing era when bell bottoms, Afros, disco, and Soul Train were the latest crazes. 

When putting this look together I wanted to stay with a  monochromatic storyline so I opted for a wine colored pussy blouse, high wasted denim, and rose colored sunnies to help the colors in the vest pop even more. I paired the outfit with my adorable Jessica Simpson sandals to help complete the look. 

While I wore the vest with high waisted jeans and a blouse there are endless possibilities of how this vest can be styled and worn.  As it heats up I will be sure to add this vest to my spring and summer rotation. I can pair it wit h shorts, a skirt, or even atop a cute maxi or romper. As fall rolls back around I could pair this vest with a crisp white button up, dark wash flare jeans and a cute wine fedora to truly pay homage to its 70s roots.











Outfit Details: Crochet Vest: Rue 21, Pussy Bow Blouse: Forever 21 (old), High - Waisted Denim Jeans: Charlotte Russe, Jessica Simpson Sandals: Ross, Rose Colored Sunglasses: Charlotte Russe, Earrings: Charlotte Russe

Do you own any crochet pieces? How do you style them? If not, would you be willing to try the style? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below. Happy hump day. Let's finish the week up strong!

-Ali 

1 comment:

  1. I have a grey crocheted vest that I have worn with slacks , jeans and skirts. I like it because it is long enough to cover my ample hips and still look nice. I get spring fall and winter wear because it is cotton knit.

    ReplyDelete