Friday, March 17, 2017

Long Bomber + Suede Boots


It's been almost two weeks (tomorrow) since I've had my rainbow baby Grayson. Motherhood is such a magical, scary, exciting journey. You are literally responsible for another human being that can do NOTHING for themselves. It's amazing to look at my son and see him, his personality, his facial expressions, and even his hue change on a daily basis. Along with him changing I also am doing some changing as well. My body is trying to get back to "normal." I can actually wear heels again (thanks to the swelling in my feet and ankles decreasing). I can put on a pair of jeans and actually button them (I never knew I would miss jeans...although leggings have a new found place in my heart). And my  newly decorated protruding belly is starting to deflate (slowly). 

While all these changes are taking place, I'm still trying to navigate my life post - pregnancy physically, emotionally, and mentally. I'm definitely not where I want it to be, but I am trying to keep up with my "fashion sense" of who I was before I was a mommy. Just because you become a mom doesn't mean you still can't put your best foot forward. It doesn't mean you're sentenced to a life of sweatpants and throw up stained tops [while writing this my son ironically spit up on me...oh the joys of motherhood]. You can still feel and look your best even though your body may not be in tip - top shape. Even if you're not a mom don't get so caught up in the mundane that you forget to take care of yourself!






Outfit Details: Army Green Bomber (Charlotte Russe), Leggings (Charlotte Russe), Turtle Neck (Target), Suede Boots (Forever 21: old), Faux Fur Stole (Forever 21: old), Sunglasses (Charlotte Russe), Bullet Earrings (Online Boutique: old), Charm Bracelet (Juicy Couture)

After being cooped in the house since last Saturday I wanted to get dressed, throw on some makeup, curl my hair, and just look good! I wasn't headed anywhere in particular, but I just wanted to do something for me :) So here's to looking and feeling our best mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually! Happy Friday and St. Patty's Day. Enjoy your weekend and I will see you back on Monday.

-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment