Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day

I just wanted to come on Ali's Fashion Sense today to say Happy Memorial Day to all those military men and women who fight for us as American's on a daily basis!  We salute you for putting yourself in harms ways daily to protect these United States of America, as well as the sacrifice that you along with your families go through for us to be free. Like I've heard before "FREEDOM ISN'T FREE" which is totally true. I'd also like to send out my condolences to those families who have lost loved ones in the line of battle. We appreciate the sacrifice that you endured for our safety!


MEMORIAL DAY!!!


I'd also like to give a special shout out to my own Godmother, Cassandra White who served in the United States Air Force countless years (at least 1/3 of my life). She is the true example of sacrifice, class, and loyalty. I just want her to know, "I truly appreciate your service for me and all Americans." Love ya!!!

GODMOTHER

This collage montage is of me and my godmother. Photos from l to r: Top left: My Godmother and I at her bday party celebration last summer decked out in our all white! Top Right: Vintage pic of my Godmother during her Air Force days. Bottom: Myself, my Godmother, and my Mom at a family get together...all smile!

Lastly, since this is a fashion blog I just wanted to give you a quick OOTD for this Memorial Day. I'm gonna start cooking in a couple hours, but today will just be pretty chill. Me and the hubby will chillax around the house, enjoying each others company and my awesome food (Mac & Cheese, Baked Beans, and Grilled Hotdogs) :) But check out our patriot outfits below!

ROMPERS, STRIPES, AND BLUE
I told you all previously that I love rompers and jumpsuits because they are just so easy to slide on and make an outfit. I chose to pick my red and navy blue striped romper for my Memorial Day getup. I was able to finally get my hair done again on Friday, so I feel like a new man lol. I ordered two bundles of 18" off black brazilian hair from hairextensionbuy.com for $73.98 per bundle (plus free shipping)! I love the hair because it's thick and it doesn't shed. But back to the outfit. I paired this patriotic romper with gold accessories (gold watch and gold BBW inspired earrings). I also paired it with my chocolate gladiators with gold detailing to complete the look. I told the hubby to throw on his red and navy striped button up so he could match my swag lol! He then chose to pair it with his khaki cargo shorts, and dark brown Sperry Top Siders. I think we make a good unit! What do you think?



TEAM US!!!



Again I just want to say thank you to all the military personnel that protect us and our freedom. Your service is truly appreciated! As you go to cookouts, pull out the grill, and enjoy time with family and friends be sure to take a moment to remember all the fallen soldiers and say thanks to those who actively serve as well as those who served at one point in time. We owe our freedom and liberty to them!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY luvs!!!

-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment