Friday, January 3, 2014

Travel Files: Vancouver Canada Edition

While I was in Seattle over the Christmas holiday I was able to travel to Vancouver, Canada with my fam (my big bro, his wife, and daughter, plus the hubby) for a day trip! We took the Amtrak from Everett, WA up to Vancouver (the Canadian side). Shopped, ate, and went site seeing before hopping back on the train to travel back to the US. I didn't know what to expect, but I must admit from my short preview of Vancouver...I LOVE IT! I definitely need to go back during the summer months when I can truly enjoy the scenery, weather, good eats, and of course shopping. Here's a little recap on our mini vacation within a vacation.

TRAIN RIDE UP TO VANCOUVER
On the way to Vancouver there were amazing photo opps that were absolutely breathtaking! Don't believe me? Check it out below.












IN THE CITY
Vancouver is absolutely beautiful. The city has great charm, like a West Coast New York city!








THE ART OF LAYERING
Being that we went to Vancouver on a day trip, I had to bring everything I needed to make the trip worth while. Passports, my camera, iPad, iphone, etc. Basically, I looked like a tourist. Not to mention there were cooler temperatures. So, I had to layer to keep warm. I chose a simple pallet all in the same color family to pull off the "art of layering." My army green tee (Forever 21), black skinny jeans (Old Navy), Leather Biker Jacket (H&M), Jessica Simpson Overcoat (Macy's), Fur Vest (Forever 21), Black Scarf (gifted), Suede Hat (Forever 21), and Rain Boots (DSW) rounded out my "tourist" look. 
















It was a bit gloomy on the day we went. Thank God it didn't rain. But overall I had a great time in Vancouver. I will definitely be adding Vancouver on my travel list! Where are some of your favorite places to travel?

TGIF Luvs,
-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment