Monday, January 13, 2014

Winter Nudes



I am a sucker for black and white, and I love to experiment with bright, bold hues; but nothing is more simplistic than wearing a nude, muted color palette in the Winter. The most awesome thing about wearing a palette of colors that are "barely there" is the fact that you don't have to be so "matchy - matchy!" You can take hues of rose, blush, tan, khaki, cream, white, off white etc. and create a visual masterpiece of soft, warm colors.

GOING NO WHERE
Have you ever had a day where you just wanted to dress up for no reason? Well, yep that was me on Saturday. No where to go, but I still wanted to throw on a pair of cute pumps and get my "Carrie" on (from Sex in the City). The basis of the outfit is a party dress that I picked up a few years back from H&M. When I bought the dress I was drawn to the intricate detail at the bottom. So I knew with this outfit, I wanted to let the bottom of the skirt do most of the talking. My readers know I am the queen of remixing an outfit to make it look fresh. So instead of wearing the dress as is, I decided to add a crisp white button up on top, and layer it with a nude faux fur vest. I finished off the look with my nude pumps and wallah...there you have it. A perfect ensemble in a subdued color palette.




 

The details: Blush - Colored Dress (H&M), White Button Up (K&G), Faux Fur Vest (Forever 21), Nude Pumps (Forever 21), Snakeskin Clutch (Target), Rose Gold Watch (Gifted), Necklace (Gifted)

Happy Monday to you all! Have a great productive day.

-Ali
xoxoxoxoxo

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! I appreciate you stopping by. I stopped by your blog and it's pretty cool. I will def be checking it often. Much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh Girl. This look is every single thing. I love everything about this muted look. I have to be careful with nudes, it's sometimes hard to find a right shade for my skin tone. Fabulous doll. And oh, Yes....I get dressed up to go not a single place lots of times. Sometimes a girl just needs a dress up pick-me-upper. You know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me lol (literally)! But I definitely agree sometimes it is hard to find the right nudes to compliment richer, chocolate skin tones. But when done correctly it can be a masterpiece :) Thanks for coming by Rattler!

      Delete
  3. Wow! that dress is amazing! I like that you wear it as a skirt, looks awesome!!!
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had this dress in my closet for a few years. I wanted to give it a breath of fresh air and restyle it as a skirt. Thanks for showing love!

      Delete