Thursday, July 17, 2014

Edgy Glam


So this past Tuesday, the hubby and I went to ATL to attend the On The Run Tour with Jay -Z and Beyonce'. This was my first time seeing Bey in concert so I didn't quite know what to expect...but I knew I was in for a treat, and boy was I right! Before heading to the concert we had dinner with one of my fav fellow FAMU couples. We ate a great soul-food dinner at Paschal's Restaurant downtown ATL, then we headed over to the Georgia Dome to prepare for the concert. I heard that you should NOT wear heels to the concert, and boy am I glad I didn't. You literally stand up the entire time Jay - Z & Beyonce are on stage which is about 2.5 hours (the concert started at 8:50PM and ended at 11:30PM).

I've been dying to get my hands on a full tulle skirt so I asked my stylist friend AshleyMonique! if she could make me one for the concert and she definitely delivered! Here is my original vision board for my concert style Edgy Glam here. The skirt turned out perfect! I loved the gold rose buttons on the back of the skirt. They give the skirt a bit of flare and make it unique. I paired the this grand tulle skirt with my cropped leather top, combat boots, and a bold lip. I loved how the look came together and most importantly I loved that the entire outfit was edgy yet comfortable so that I could dance the night away to the tunes of the Carters!







Outfit Details: Leather Crop Top (Forever 21), Tulle Skirt (Created by AshleyMonique!), Gold - Detailed Boots (Target), Gold Cross Necklace (Borrowed from AshleyMonique!), Gold Watch (Charming Charlie's), Sunnies (Forever 21), Gold Stud Earrings (Thrifted)


We had a brief photoshoot before hitting up the concert. Unfortunately, I couldn't take my camera into the arena and my phone wouldn't let me take any videos or pictures from the concert because I didn't have any storage left. But take my word the concert was great. If On The Run Tour is coming to your town, I would definitely suggest you attend! I hope you all have a great weekend. Be safe and have fun :) 

Xo,
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment