Friday, January 15, 2016

Tan Poncho + Denim Jeans


Sometimes when I get dressed I just want to be comfortable (especially when I wake up with a sore back or tense shoulders...typical side effects from being preggo). But, my fashionista side will not just let me go to the closet and throw on a pair of sweats... even having pregnancy as an excuse. 

With today's look I was able to tap into both worlds to create a look that is comfy enough yet chic enough to carry me through a typical weekend day (i.e. running errands, going out to lunch with friends, playdates with other mommies and babies etc.). I grabbed my tan poncho and layered it on top of my denim skinny's and my chambray shirt. Ali's Fashion Sense Tip: If ever in doubt pair denim on denim...it's the perfect way to look pulled together in a matter of seconds. Chambray top + denim shorts, pants, skirt, culottes etc. To add a little fierceness to my look I paired my simplistic palette with my animal print Vince Camuto booties. 








Outfit Details: Poncho (H&M), Skinny's (Forever 21 +), Chambray Shirt (Charlotte Russe), Vince Camuto Animal Print Booties (Belk),  Aviator Sunnies (Forever 21), Statement Necklace (Charlotte Russe). Tan Fedora (Forever 21)

This look is very casual yet I still feel very well put together. I imagine this poncho is something that can come in handy if I'm wearing a shirt and Baby Anderson decides to release some of his milk on me...I could always throw on the poncho to cover up the evidence. I'm told as a new mom you should always have a backup plan for clothes because babies LOVE to mess up your clothes when you least expect it. But nevertheless, this look is perfect to carry me into my busy day. I hope you all have an amazing day and a relaxing, productive weekend!

Tootles,
-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment