Monday, May 12, 2014

Art + Fashion

Today is officially the last day of my 1st semester as a Fashion Design & Product Development student at Southern Polytechnic State University (SPSU). So I wanted to take this time to reflect on my amazing semester. Like the fact that I received a 4.0 this semester!!! I'm still amazed that I am on the journey towards my dreams of working in the fashion industry. I sometimes have to pinch myself because this is something that I've worked really hard for for so long.

During the semester I was enrolled in Apparel Analysis, Intro to Marketing, Business Computers ands Intro to Art. In Intro to Art we were introduced to different mediums from charcoal, graphite pencils, vine, and even fine sharpie's. For my final I was asked to create two illustrations that interested me and correlated with my major. What girl doesn't LOVE shoes! I know this girl does :) With my idea at hand, I began creating compositions until I came up with the perfect two. Here's the end result...

THE MUSE
Here are my pictures that I drew inspiration from.



THE FINAL PIECES
Using all the techniques gained throughout the semester I came up with these two drawings. Before turning them in I framed them which added an extra element of class. I'm pretty proud I must say of how they turned out. I can't wait to find a space in my house to hang them up. 













I hope to continue to hone in on my drawing skills amongst other things this summer. #Summerbreak #Collegestudent (again). Here's to art + fashion!

Have a happy Monday luvs.

-Ali
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment