Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bareface and Models Interview with Founder Renesha Johnson

I am a soul believer of spreading love, support, and encouragement to all! Especially females who are dream-chasers, like my muse for today's blog post. I met Renesha Johnson many years ago when we were little tykes at Ardis Elementary in our hometown of Ypsilanti, MI. Now she is an Atlanta - based entrepreneur of a beauty lifestyle brand: Bareface and Models. Check out her amazing interview below. I hope you are inspired, I know I was! :)

Founder of Bareface and Models, Renesha taking a #Selfie


Q: For my readers, where are you from?
I was born and raised in Ypsilanti, I which is right outside Detroit, MI. 

Q: How did you get to Atlanta?
I was chasing love and a dream. Good thing about it, its all been working out!

Q: How did you get involved in the beauty industry?
For me, it's not an industry at all. It's not a fashion statement. It's a lifestyle. Beauty is BOLD, beauty is BAREFACE!


Bareface and Models Lip Laquer (Picture obtained from Bareface and Models Instagram Page)


Q: What's the best things about being an entrepreneur?
Experiencing life, its ups and downs, and knowing that this was already predestined for you. It's a liberating feeling to have a creative mind and I give all thanks to God.

Q: Whats the hardest thing about starting your own business?
Staying focused is sometimes the hardest. Life throws so many curve balls. Despite the circumstance you gotta keep it moving! That's the only way you will see the finish line. 

Q: What's the go to lip color for Spring/Summer?
The go to color of the season is "What Lolita Wants (Lip Laquer - $14.00)" and "Viva La Orange (Lipstick - $12.00)." Mixed orange is this seasons new red. It's a fierce power color, displaying a free and brave soul!


Color swatches from Bareface and Models Website 


Q: What's your biggest beauty pet peeve?
I have several. Let me see... lack of confidence, bad eyebrows, and cheap looking eyelashes.

Q: What sets Bareface and Models apart from other beauty companies?
Bareface and Models is not just a cosmetic accessory. It allows one to make an impacting statement. It doesn't appeal to just one particular type of person. It is the girl next door, the one aspiring to be a model, or the woman in corporate America. It represents life for what its worth and what it can be. It's made from paraben free ingredients, promoting health first. Most importantly, Bareface and Models gives time and a portion of the proceeds from sales to Tiny's Alzheimer foundation "For The Love of Our Fathers" and other community outreach groups. 

Bareface is here to stay to make a difference and help people learn to appreciate the skin they are in, and pull out the true beauty in themselves. 


Renesha pictured here with Tiny and her mother at a "For The Love of Our Fathers" Alzheimer Event - (Picture obtained from Instagram) 

Q: Where can people follow you and your brand?
Bareface and Models is an Atlanta based beauty lifestyle company. You can visit our official website at: http://www.barefaceandmodels.com and follow us on: 
Instagram: @barefaceandmodels
Facebook: Bareface and Models

I just want to say thank you to Renesha for giving me this exclusive interview and sending me some of her highly pigmented products as well. I'm so excited to see where Bareface and Models is headed! If you haven't seen it, check out my OOTD where I used "What Lolita Wants" Lip Laquer (here) and don't forget to follow Renesha on all her social media outlets!

Happy Hump Day luvs. Let's go out and conquer the world together :)

-Ali
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment