Monday, February 23, 2015

How To Master Wearing All Black


Georgia's weather is an indecisive as me in my closet trying to decide what I want to wear. Last week there were frigid temperatures barely making it out of the teens while yesterday it was in the low 70s. I mean really…"where they do that at?" But make no mistake, I am NOT complaining. It's just very tricky to dress for weather that insists on being on a roller - coaster ride. So I opted to wear one of my favorite trends, wearing an all black monochromatic look from head to toe.

The way to master wearing all black or any monochromatic color you choose is by adding different elements and textures of that color, which offer dimension and depth to the outfit. With this particular outfit you can see how I was able to use lace, faux fur, leather, and suede to create simple, subtle nuances resulting in an interesting visual. For the foundation of my look I took a lace dress (yes a dress) and converted it into a shirt by tucking it into my new midi skirt. Once I had a top and bottom for my look it was time to accessorize by incorporating my favorite faux fur vest, tights, a pair of booties, and a leather baseball cap.




Outfit Details: Faux Fur Vest (Forever 21), Midi Skirt (H&M), Lace Dress (TJ Maxx), Leather Baseball Cap (Forever 21),  Suede & Leather Booties (Target), Chain (Forever 21)

I really love how this look came together. The lace peeping out from underneath the furry faux fur vest adds a unique dimension to my ebony ensemble. I will definitely rock this look again but with an Ali's Fashion Sense twist. I may swap out the skirt for a pair of wide leg trousers in a dark denim or a pair of black skinny jeans. The possibilities are endless.

Happy Monday Chicas!
-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment