So today is my 29th birthday!! I can't believe I'm actually turning 29. When you're a kid 29 seems soooo old. But as I celebrate my last year in my 20s I wanted to share 29 life lessons that I've learned along the way. It's funny, the older I get, the more excited I am to be growing into the woman I truly want to be :) But before I give you my list, I wanted to share my fun photo shoot that I did with the hubster at one of the local arcades here in Central GA. I will give it the subtitle "Age Ain't Nothing But A Number" because you're never too old to have fun no matter how old you are!
29 Life Lessons I've Learned
1. Love the person you see in the mirror first, because if you don't no one else will.
2. Say I love you to the people you care about often.
3. Don't be afraid to admit when you're wrong and say sorry.
4. Speak up for what you believe, and for what you want.
5. Smile a lot…it's free.
6. Trust in God. HE WILL NEVER FAIL YOU.
7. Say thank you to God when you wake up and before you go to sleep.
8. Be a mentor…pay it forward.
9. Never forget where you've come from (there's no place like home).
10. Enjoy life.
11. Don't sweat the small stuff.
12. Have faith.
13. Write down your goals/dreams and inspirations, even if they seem silly to others.
14. Trust your gut…it's usually right.
15. Don't be afraid to be your authentic self.
16. Family is the most important thing in this word.
17. Sing in the shower.
18. Dance the night away.
19. Be the friend you want others to be to you.
20. Make your life a drama - free zone.
21. Drink lots of water.
22. Eat a lot of fruits and veggies.
23. DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY!
24. Don't quit your day dream.
25. Try new things! You never know what you may enjoy.
26. Failure is better than not trying.
27. Don't let fear paralyze you. Remember…"it's not that bad" whatever "it" is.
28. If at first you don't succeed dust yourself off and try again.
29. YOU CAN DO IT!
Here's to my "Oh so fine 29!" Happy Birthday to ME :) Thanks for rocking with me here on Ali's Fashion Sense. You all are my favorite birthday gift.