Sunday, February 15, 2015

Maxi Dress Revamped for Winter



I'm am a huge advocate for recreating, remixing, and reusing items in my closet. It's like a fun game for me to see how many ways I can reinvent a look. So as I was rummaging through my closet to figure out what I would wear on Sunday, I ran across my fuchsia one - shoulder maxi dress. I have a vintage boyfriend blazer that has floral print with that same fuchsia color as an accent color. To winterize my look I added my cream faux fur vest and tied the belt that came with the dress around the vest and blazer to create a more cinched - in waist.






Outfit Details: Maxi Dress (Forever 21), Boyfriend Blazer (Vintage), Faux Fur Vest (Forever 21), Fedora (H&M), Aviators (H&M), Wedges (Forever 21)

This look shows us how you can simply take a garment that is deemed for a specific time of year (i.e. a maxi is only used in Spring and Summer) and break all rules, but finding a way to revamp it no matter what season you are in. Since I'm down south and the weather isn't so bad (mid 50s) I can get away with wearing no tights even though the material on the maxi is very light. If you live in a colder state add a leather jacket underneath your faux fur vest (instead of a boyfriend blazer). You can even add some opaque tights and a pair of boots or booties to provide more warmth. Everything about this outfit is unconventional for this time of year (the colors, the maxi etc.) but I would have it no other way.

It's a new week with a fresh start and I pray you took full advantage of all the opportunities that come your way. Have a magnificent Monday and a wonderful week. See ya back on Wednesday with an all new outfit post!

Kisses,
-Ali


No comments:

Post a Comment