Monday, February 15, 2016

Fuzzy Jacket + Tulle Skirt


Yesterday, a day we call Valentine's Day, was a day we set aside to celebrate love. People are usually in a frenzy the days leading up to Valentine's Day trying to find the perfect gift(s), perfect card, perfect date/experience etc. If you are one of those people, I pray that you had the perfect day. My Valentine's Day was pretty chill. I went to church, came home took a nap (Sunday naps are a must), caught up on some TV shows, took blog pics for the week, and enjoyed a nice dinner with my #1 Valentine, my hubby!!! Since we know that Valentine's Day is usually synonymous with reds and pinks I chose to pair my blush pink tulle skirt with a plain black tee, my fuzzy blush pink jacket, opaque tights, patent leather pumps, and complimentary accessories. I know wearing pink for V - Day is a tad bit cliche but I really liked how my outfit came together and I received tons of compliments on this pink creation. 

On our way to my photoshoot location I asked my hubby could we stop and purchase some balloons to add dimension to the ambiance for my shoot. Since this shoot was all about the essence of love and showcasing the joys of Valentine's Day I wanted to add a special personal element of LOVE. My husband and I both wrote little notes to our angel DJ on a couple of balloons. It was our way of sending a special note of love to our heavenly valentine. Once the shoot was over I released the balloons and watched them ascend towards the sky. Those balloons took a little piece of my heart to heaven with them. 









Outfit Details: Fuzzy Jacket (Forever 21), Black Tee (H&M), Blush Tulle Skirt (Charlotte Russe),  Patent Leather Pumps (DSW), Black Opaque Tights (Target), Statement Necklace (Forever 21), Earrings (Charlotte Russe), Sunnies (Forever 21)

No matter how you spent your Valentine's Day...alone, with a group of friends, with your bae, boo, or your closest loved ones I hope your day was filled with L-O-V-E and happiness. Happy belated Valentine's Day luvs. I pray you have a magnificent Monday!

Xoxoxo,
-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment