Wednesday, February 24, 2016

I Smile


"I smile, even though I hurt see I smile, I know God is working so I smile, Even though I've been here for a while. I smile, smile." This song just popped in my head while I was writing this blog post. Have you ever had a day where you just felt a little down? Within the past couple of days, I've experienced this feeling more times than not. While I'm not doing terrible, I can't say that every day has been peaches and cream. The thought of my son makes me happy and sad all at the same time. I'm happy because I'm honored I got to spend 7 months with DJ (while he was in my tummy) and even time with him after delivery when  I saw his angelic face ;) But I'm also sad because the first time was the last time I would get to see (hold, kiss, hug, look at etc.) him. On that day I lost my baby, my toddler, my preteen, my teenager, and my adult son. But even with this tragedy I can still find solace and something to smile about knowing that my son is in the care of the Master up above. 

You know what else makes me smile besides my relationship with God, the love of my husband, family, friends, music, pizza, this blog, and fashion? This outfit! The brightness, boldness, and colorfulness really picks up my spirit. While the top and duster vest are neutrals the added pops of color (with my turquoise statement necklace and skirt) change the entire dynamic of the outfit. 







Outfit Details: Duster Vest (Forever 21),  Skirt (Forever 21), Blouse (H&M), Booties (Just Fab, Statement Necklace (Gifted), Sunnies (Thrifted)

I know it may be difficult at times but even in your lowest of moments learn how to smile. Just the simple gesture of putting on a smile can truly make you feel better. As the song says "gray skies are going to clear up, put on a happy face" (and an awesome outfit lol) and rock the day!!!! Before you depart, push play and let the lyrics of Kirk Franklin's "Smile" warm your heart.


Happy Hump Day luvs,
-Ali

1 comment:

  1. OMG Ali. I'm really at a lost for words. I am terribly sorry for your lost. I pray that you continue to find solace during this difficult time. I pray for more smiles to come. Peace, love & blessings fellow Rattler. Strike on. xx

    ReplyDelete