Monday, November 13, 2017

Covered Up In My Tan Poncho + Flare Jeans


It is getting cooler outside so I pulled out my camel - colored poncho that I snagged from H&M 7+ years ago, along with my white button up, and flare jeans to cover up and keep warm. While the temperatures aren’t frigid as the Michigan temperatures I’m used to, the chilled temps have finally caused me to grab my warmer clothing option as I get dressed each morning. 

Fall/Winter seasons are not just about covering your body in layers to keep warm, it is about doing it in style! You all know I love to look my best (and I’m sure you all do too), but the truth is, in today’s society we often cover up who we truly are (inside) because we may be different than what we see on TV, through different media mediums, or just different than those that surround us on a daily basis. 




I  have a news flash for you…one that I continuously try to internalize each day! God made all of us unique. We are not supposed to be carbon copies of one another with the same thoughts, ideas, style, mindsets, skin color, hair textures, body shapes, careers, hobbies, gifts etc. He created us to be a melting pot of beauty (the vision He saw of us when we were sculpted in our mother’s wombs). 

In this day and age of social media it is so hard to try to fight to be you when everything around us tells us to be like everyone else. This week, while we try to cover up to keep warm physically, I want us to try to uncover who we truly are. Dust off those gifts buried deep within. Try a new hobby that you’ve been putting on the back burner because it’s “weird” or different from the norm. Try something you’ve always wanted to do this week. Focus on only saying positive things to yourself instead of being overly critical of yourself. Begin learning to love your flaws in all. They are what make you distinctly YOU!







TAN PONCHO// via H&M old (similar) or  (here) - FLARE JEANS// via NY & CO. (similar) - WHITE BLOUSE// via H&M (similar) - VINCE CAMUTO LEOPARD PRINT BOOTIES// via Belk (similar) - TAN FEDORA// via Forever 21 (similar) - SUNNIES// via Charming Charlie’s (similar)

Here’s to uncovering and unlocking the REAL YOU; with style and grace. Have an amazing week. I’ll see you back here on Wednesday and Friday :)

Xoxo,
-Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment