Monday, November 27, 2017

Grateful


Over the Thanksgiving holiday we spent some time in Louisiana visiting my husband's paternal side of the family. It was such a nice break to be able to link up with family and friends whom we haven't seen in a couple years. I was especially excited to introduce Grayson to his great grandma (aka Gram). Just being surrounded by people we love and care about made my week. It also made me reflect on the things I'm most grateful for. Today's post is just a simple list of 10 things (out of many) that I am most thankful for.



TEN THINGS I'M MOST THANKFUL FOR

1. My amazing husband! He works tirelessly for me and my son! He gives us everything we want and need without any complaints. He is the most selfless human being I've ever met and I'm extremely blessed and thankful to have him in my life. 

2. My rainbow baby, Grayson! He lights up my life and the lives of all he comes into contact with. He teaches me the meaning of patience, unconditional love, and shows me the world through a new prism.

3. My angel baby, DJ! DJ taught me lessons through loss. He taught me to cherish each moment! He also taught me reliance on God that is much deeper than surface. I'm forever indebted to my angel (and I miss him constantly).

4. My health. The older I get the more I appreciate having a good bill of health. I appreciate the fact that I can wake up and use my 5 senses without thought. I can breathe on my own without assistance. I have activity of all my limbs. I'm just very appreciative of good health!

5. My family. Family means everything to me. Beyond my husband and son(s) my immediate and extended family are what keep me going. Whether I talk to them (or see them) everyday, once a week, once a month or even a couple times a year their presence makes my heart smile. I truly hit the jackpot when it comes to my family. I love each one of them for different reasons, but in no way shape or form could I imagine my life without them in it.




6. Writing. Writing is therapeutic for me. It allows me to express what I'm truly feeling without ever opening my mouth. I let the words on each page I write or type do the talking for me. Writing has been a huge part of my life since I can remember. It has gotten me through some of the happiest and toughest times in my life. I'm grateful for my passion of writing and excited about what God has in store with this particular passion of mine in due season.

7. New Opportunities! God is shifting some things around in my life, creating avenues for growth and expansion mentally, physically, emotionally, through my career, through my passion and purpose and much more. I appreciate Him giving me the chance to grow and become the woman I truly want to be through these new opportunities. 

8. Peace! Having peace of mind is so key in our noisy word. Being at peace with who you are meant to be, where you are in your journey and where you are headed is so underrated in today's social media driven world. I am grateful God has given me inner peace and helped me to learn to turn down the outside noise so I can connect with His still quiet voice. It is a feeling like none other. 

9. Authentic Friendships. Over the years God has placed some amazing friends in my life. I have been blessed with friends that are disbursed around the country. They have held my hand when needed, encouraged me when I felt I couldn't finish my race, cheered me on, lended a shoulder to cry on, been my sounding boards when I needed advice, or offered much needed laughter in my life. For all my friends who have rocked with me over the years...thank you so much. I love you more than words can explain.

10. You my Ali's Fashion Sense followers. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to bypass a million and one blogs just to read mine. I know there are so many things you could be doing but you choose to come visit Ali's Fashion Sense faithfully. Please know I do not take your support lightly. I deeply appreciate your feedback, encouragement, and conversation. It truly fuels me. I cannot wait until you see what I have in store for us in 2018. 




STRIPED RUFFLE SHIRT// via H&M (similar) - TAN DUSTER VEST// via Target (similar in black) - LEATHER LEGGINGS// via JCPenney (similar) - TAN FEDORA// via Forever 21 similar) - GOLD OXFORDS// via Zara (similar) - YELLOW SUNNIES// via Windsor (similar) - D & J PENDANTS// via Charlotte Russe (similar)

These are just a few things of many that I am grateful for. I'd love to know what you are grateful for this season and pray that you had an amazing Thanksgiving spent with family and friends alike. Happy Monday luvs. Lets make this week GREAT and end November with a BANG!

Xoxo,
-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment