Thursday, October 4, 2012

Frayed & Fringed

Let me first say...fringe is not a new trend nor a new concept. It has been around for decades. I love the airy feeling that fringe provides. It gives your outfit depth, dimension, and flare. There are many ways to utilize the fringe trend this Fall. You can find fringe jackets, boots, shorts, dresses, purses, and more.

I fell in love with this ombre fringed jacket that  I first spotted on Demi Lovato (the new host on the X factor). This pop crooner took this amazing statement piece and paired it with a mesh cutout bodycon dress and black peep toe pumps. She is giving off rock princess vibes while still offering an element of sophistication with pink dipped hair in all.

To my amazement this ombre fringe jackets has a matching pair of shorts. How bananas is that? I don't know if I would be daring enough to wear the pieces together (although I would sure give it a try), but I'm sure you could get great mileage out of these wonderfully crafted garments. They both can be found at Topshop.


Here are a few more jackets with fringe detailing (black leather jacket with fringe detail on the front and back, cream fringe leather jacket with studded details, and 70s inspired tye-dye fringed jacket). You can style these jackets with jeans, a tee, and some boots or with a cute bodycon dress and stiletto pumps. It is totally up to you!



Kim Kardashian is one of my style icons. She dresses really cute. Here she is rocking a a lovely satin midi dress with an embellished top and an adorable fringed cover up. She keeps her hair and pumps fairly simple to let the frayed fringe take center stage. In the middle pic she is carrying a fringe accessory to spice up her neutral colored outfit.




My fav singer B-Rocka is giving me life in this frayed Herve Ledger blush pink number. I like how she has the big hair, the gold jewelry accents, and the neutral colored peep toe pumps. YESSSSS, Mrs. Brandy! I see you boo.




 Here are a few more dresses with fringe accents. When you wear a dress such as this, less is more. Let the dress shine! Pair fringed dresses with neutral colored pumps/ballet flats, clutches, and jewelry.










If you don't think you can pull off an entire fringed dress opt out for a fringe cover up like Toya Wright (pictured left) wore. She paired it with white jeans, a white tank top, and a white fringed cover up! Her makeup is so flawless. The frayed cover up is also shown below in black. They paired it with a black tank, neon green skirt, and black booties. Since it's getting cold, I would definitely add some type of jacket (whether it denim jacket, blazer, or leather cropped jacket) to keep your arms warm.







The rest of the post showcases accessories with fringe detailing. Check out Ciara and Rihanna in their frayed boots/booties! Their shoes are absolutely amazing. I love the rest of the boots and bags shown below as well. They are simply gorgeous. Take a look for yourselves.












 















Believe it or not, I scored some really cute cognac colored (they also come in black) fringed boots from...(wait for it)...Kmart. Yes, you did read that right. I said KMart. They were only $35 (and better yet they are on sale now for only $14). You can't beat that price!  And they are pretty good quality. I plan to wear them this weekend when I go home to visit the fam in Michigan. If you'd like to order a pair here is the link: http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_035VA50644201P

Will you be getting frayed or fringed this Fall? I sure hope so. Happy Thursday luvs. One more day until the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment