Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Ali's Favorite Things


"Girls in a white dresses with a blue satin sashes, 
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes,
Silver white winters that melt into springs, 
These are a few of my favorite things."


These are the lyrics to one of my favorite holiday songs, "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music. Although it is not quite Christmas, I felt the need to come up with some of my favorite things (from my closet of course). These items are some of my go to staples that I enjoy wearing. Although I must confess, I haven't worn some of these pieces yet, but the possibilities excite me. I got the urge to compile this list after watching Oprah's Favorite Things episode Sunday night. I wish I could say... you get a coat, you get a coat, you get a coat to all my Fashion Sense subbies...but I'm not balling (yet). So I will just share with you some of my favorites :)

*Drom roll please* So without further or due here is my list (in no particular order).

1. Route 66 Women's Jada Boot - Cognac from Kmart
These boots are great to slap on with with my cognac paneled gray leggings while running errands or going shopping. They are very comfortable and I absolutely love the color for the Fall/Winter seasons.




2. Nike Air Jordan 7 - Olympic Edition from Foot Locker
These are a pair of my favorite J's. They are super comfy and help to create the foundation for the perfect Tomboy Chic vibe! You can never go wrong with a pair of J's. 




3. Steve Madden Moskow Multicolor Glitter Metallic Platform Peep Toe Heels (whoa that was a mouthful) also known as my "Wedding Day Shoes" purchased from Bakers (I think)
These shoes have sentimental value, as they were the shoes I walked down the aisle in last June. I love them because they are peep toes, they have a cute bow at the toe, they sparkle, and they are more than 5 inches high! How can you go wrong with that combo?




4. Silver Junk Necklace from Charming Charlie's
This is my go to necklace when I want to spruce up a plain outfit. I always seem to get compliments on this chunky jeweled masterpiece. I absolutely love it :)





5. Charm Bracelets - The Multicolor Heart Charm Bracelet is from The Luxury Girl Boutique, The Juicy Couture Charm Bracelet came from a Juicy Couture Outlet most of the charms were gifts.
I loveeeee charm bracelets. I would consider these two to be my favorites. I like the bright multicolored heart to add a bit of flare to an outfit. I like the Juicy Couture charm bracelet because I was able to personalize it. It has some of my favorite things (no pun intended) like: nail polish, a peep toe pump, a crown (because I am a Queen lol), and even an engagement ring (if he likes it then he should put a ring on it lol, which HE did might I add) and many more!




7. Michael Kors Silver Watch from Macy's
This is my go to watch anytime I wear silver. I love the diamond details around the face and the big clear numbers.




8. Baby Pink Sheer Blouse from Love Culture
I love this shirt because it gives off a soft romantic feel. The color is soft, it drapes in all the right places, and it is light and comfy.




9. Cropped Blazers with Peek - A- Boo Back from Boutique in Atlanta
I am a sucker for blazers. I love blazers, jackets, coats, outwear etc. This has to be one of my favorite blazers because I like to wear neutral colors and I love the element of surprise in the back with the peek - a- boo details :)



10. Lauren Conrad Faux Leather Shorts - Cognac from Kohl's
I love anything that resembles leather (don't kill me PETA). These shorts are jewels because they are faux leather, they are high - waisted, and they are a lovely cognac color!!! Just smooth like butter. 



11. Chiffon Wide Leg Palazzo Pants by Jennifer Lopez from Kohl's 
I just got hip to Kohl's after living in Peoria, IL  the past year (since they didn't have any good malls). But I actually bought these numbers here in GA last week. What drew me to them were the soft chiffon material, the wideness of the pant legs, and the faux leather detailing at the top. I can't wait to bring out these pants for a holiday party or a night out on the town.



12. Kardashian Kollection Women's Tuxedo Jumpsuit in Black from Sears
I found this number in the midst of other cute pieces in the Kardashian Kollection. I love jumpsuits because they are super comfy, classy, and convenient (minus the fact when you have to use the restroom and have to get totally undressed just to use it lol). 




13. Camel Colored Cape from TJ Maxx
This cape was a gift from my awesome aunt. It is such a great piece to elevate the sophistication factor of any outfit. I would normally pair this cape with a pair of dark wash jeans, riding boots, and a long sleeve knit tee or turtle neck. 




14. Black Faux Fur Vest from Forever 21
You all have seen this vest time and time again on my blog. I can't get enough of it. Whenever I put it on, I feel like I am channeling my inner Rachel Zoe! This is my "if everything else fails" option. I know I will always look good if I throw on this vest.




13. Faux Fur Winter Accessories - Faux Fur Mittens from H&M, Faux Fur Lined Hat from Forever 21
I debuted these faux fur pieces earlier in my blog career. I still love them to this day. They keep me warm all while adding a dimension of style. 




This is only a mere snippet of some of my favorite things. To be honest, my entire closet is my favorite. I would not have bought the pieces that make up my closet if I didn't love them. What is on your favorite things list? Do you have anything similar in your closet?

No comments:

Post a Comment