Thursday, October 17, 2013

Military Motivation

Whenever I see olive green, tans, blacks, and grays *basic neutrals* it reminds me of the military in a random way. So when I got my hands on this utility olive green vest from Forever 21 this summer I knew I had a hit on my hands. When I purchased the vest I had a vision for the styling. However before styling it, I had to get it tailored to fit me. I bought it a couple sizes too big...but I couldn't leave it on the rack. So, I bought it with the intention of getting it altered to fit my frame. BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE!

**ALI'S TIP: If you fall in love with something at the store but it doesn't fit you properly (especially if it's too big) take it to a tailor to fit your specific body type. Spending the extra cash is worth it!**

I paired the vest with a light gray hi - low long sleeve dress to give it a fresh, blank, foundation. I then played up on the military theme and grabbed some black combat boots with amazing gold detailing, a gold ID tag necklace, gold stacked midi rings, my fav gold watch, and new fav pair of round sunnies (with gold trim).

G.I. JANE 












Serving you G.I. Jane realness!
:: Hi - Low Dress: Forever 21::
:: Utility Vest: Forever 21::
:: Black Combat Boots with Gold Detailing: Target::
:: Gold Midi Rings: Charlotte Russe::
:: Gold Watch: Target::
:: Gold ID Necklace: Rainbow::
:: Round Sunnies with Gold Trim: H&M::


What did you like about the look? What pieces would you pair the utility vest with from your own closet?

I just want to send a special thanks to all those men and women who serve tirelessly for our freedoms everyday. Your service does not go unnoticed!!! I (we my readers) salute you :)

TGIF!

-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment