Thursday, October 10, 2013

Style Bloggers of Color 2013 Conference

I have two huge announcements to all my Ali's Fashion Sense subbies and followers :) I'll start with my first announcement. I have been blogging for almost two years now (January will be my 2 year blogiversary), and I really love bringing my personal view and take on fashion to all of you. What started as an experiment and hobby has turned into something that I absolutely love! To better my craft and content for you, my lovely subbies, I am attending the Style Bloggers of Color (aka SBOC) 2nd Annual Conference in Miami Florida this weekend. I'm hitting the road today to get ready for the festivities starting on Friday!



During this two day conference there will be panels, seminars, fashion shows, mixers, and opportunities to meet awesome bloggers of color from all around the country. I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. I'm headed out to Miami today and will return on Sunday. I will be sure to capture all the amazing moments and awesome fashion so I can share it with you all my fashion sense family!!! So keep an eye out on the post next week.



My second announcement is...I will be going back to school this upcoming Spring. Starting in January 2014 I will be attending a small school right outside of Atlanta, GA, Southern Polytechnic State University (also know as SPSU) to obtain my second Bachelor's Degree (Bachelor of Apparel and Textile) with a concentration in Fashion Design and Product Development. I am so thrilled to start this next chapter in my life and am excited to bring you all along on the journey. 2014 will bring about some amazing things and I am praying and waiting in expectancy.



I will keep you all posted on the conference and school as they unfold. I will take this time to say don't ever give up on your dreams. I know it sounds cliche' but if there is something you want in life no matter how impossible it seems keep going after it. You never know when your opportunity may present itself to do exactly what you have been dreaming and planning about for so long!


Happy Thursday Luvs!

-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment