Monday, December 8, 2014

Cognac & Cream


I'm always looking for ways to remix, reuse, and reinvent the articles of clothing within my closet. Why you ask? Well, for starters I'm a college student living on a college student budget lol. Secondly, it's fun to challenge myself to try to breathe new life into the hanging garments in my closet. I think I achieved a great feat on Sunday morning because my husband asked "when did I buy this outfit"…even though all of the items I have on have all been purchased (minus the statement necklace) at least 6 months ago or further (and by further I mean last year). I wanted to wear some flats to church so I started the outfit foundation by selecting my cognac riding boots. Then I grabbed my cream peplum dress. To add a different flavor I through on my chambray (aka denim) button up to add a little contrast and topped off the look with my cognac colored leather moto jacket. The final look came out a lot better than I imagined in my mind when I came up with the initial concept. Don't you just love when that happens? 









Outfit Details: Peplum Dress (H&M), Riding Boots (Charming Charlie's), Chambray Denim Shirt (Target), Aviators (H&M), Statement Necklace (Forever 21), Belt (Target), Gold Watch (Charming Charlie's)


Cognac & Cream sounds like a delectable dessert but really it's just a delectable outfit I put together lol. Do you have clothes in your closet that you remix constantly to give them new life? If so let me know in the comment section below!

Xo,
-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment