Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Black Neoprene Shirt + Black Shorts


First things first. I apologize for not posting a blog on Monday. I had good intentions I swear. But last week I house sat/pet sat for my brother while he and his family went out of town. They have an 8 month old Cane Corso puppy who gave me a run for my money. It was like babysitting a newborn baby. She had a schedule of when she woke up, ate, needed to go outside, nap, play etc. Needless to say she wore me out from Monday - Sunday. So when I got home my intentions were to take photos for my blog to post for the week but I ended up just crashing instead. 

Now that that's out the way lets get into today's blog post and this neoprene shirt. So my mom's sister, my cool aunt, from time to time sends me little fashion care packages. In the last care package I saw this cool shirt with an Iridescent triangle on the front. When I saw it it immediately reminded me of something from Star Trek or outer space. It was weird and I liked it. To make it a bit more high fashion I kept the look simple pairing it with a black pair of shorts and my latest pair of booties that I snagged from JustFab. I threw  on my thrifted sunnies because they have a matching gold triangle in the middle and added a dark lip to complete the look. Since the shirts the focal point I wanted a subtle, clean backdrop for the rest of the outfit. Check out the full look below.





Outfit Details: Neoprene Shirt (Marshall's), Shorts (Express), Booties (JustFab.com), Sunnies (Thrifted), Ear Cuffs (Forever 21)

As you can see if you have a stand out piece that you want to highlight its best to use simplistic pieces that compliment the stand out piece. By keeping all the other garments streamlined it allows a persons eyes to beeline straight to the "special" piece. What quirky, cool items do you have in your closet that stop the show? Let me know in the comment section below. And do me another favor...have a Happy Hump Day!

Smooches,
Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment