Friday, July 3, 2015

Color On Crenshaw


On my last day in Cali my friend Maria aka my photographer/visual director for the shoot took me to an awesome spot on Crenshaw Blvd. The mural is called "The Mural of African American Progress." The amazing murals were done by various artists and give a glimpse into the African Americans journey from queens and kings in Africa to the works of influential leaders like Fredrick Douglas, MLK, and Malcolm X. The bright and bold colors in the mural help to highlight the colors in my thrifted blazer. 

One simple way to dress up a pair of denim shorts this summer is to add structure on the top by adding a collared shirt and any blazer (whether its printed, a solid, or a cool textile like [faux] leather or [faux] snakeskin). 





Outfit Details: Blazer (Thrifted), Denim Shorts (Forever 21: Similar Here), White Collared Shirt (Old Navy: Similar Here), Sam & Libby Sandals (Target: Here), Gold Watch (Charming Charlie's), Sunnies (Thrifted), Necklace (Forever 21: Similar Here)


If you're ever in Cali I would definitely suggest checking out this mural. Its pretty cool. It stretches 2 blocks on the famous Crenshaw Blvd (from 50th - 52nd Street). Where are your favorite murals located? How do you dress up your denim shorts in the summer? Let's chat in my comment section below! 

TGIF Luvs and I hope you have a safe and fun holiday weekend,
-Ali

Photo Credit: Maria Katre

No comments:

Post a Comment