Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ali's Makeup Bag Chronicles: The Lipstick Review

I've become a bit of a makeup junkie as of late. Blame it on YouTube, Instagram (IG), and being a girlie girl lol. I love exploring new makeup color pallets and makeup trends and techniques. When I walk inside of Ulta, Sephora, CVS, Target or up to a M.A.C counter I'm like a kid in a candy store. If you're not careful you can blow $100 easily on makeup (I've never done it, but I've definitely come close). I'm not a name brand makeup whore. I look for quality products no matter how expensive or cheap the price. I love to peruse the aisles of CVS and Target to see what hot steals I can find. I don't discriminate. I look for lipsticks, glosses, eye shadows, lip pencils, nail polish, foundations, concealer, you name it.

Today's blog post will dive into my makeup bag to show you some of my most recent lipstick/ lip gloss purchases and to give you some things to try if you're stuck in a makeup rut. I am by no means a makeup artist. I go to YouTube for most of my inspiration. There are tons of video tutorials to teach you techniques you can try in the comfort of your own home. With the case of makeup, "practice makes perfect!" I know it's cliche' but in all honesty, it does. Like I've said before, if you don't like the application of the makeup for the first try, TRY AGAIN, until you find what works for you. So, here we go!

I've focused a lot on my lips lately so here are a few of my purchases surrounding my pout.

Lipstick Collage



Lipstick (Paper) Swatch

The lipstick swatches on the paper match the numbers in the lip collage (that's why the numbers are out of order to keep in the same order as the swatch). I wanted to show you what the lipsticks and glosses looked like on me and then on paper, because sometimes colors tend to look different in the (lipstick) tube versus on your lips. Also these colors may look different on different complexions so keep that in mind!

LIP COMBOS
#1. The Nude Lip: NYX Matte Lipstick in Butter (MLS21), NYX Lip Pencil in Nude Beige (857), and  NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Skin Tone (XLC08)

#2. Pink Paradise: NYX Matte Lipstick in Shocking Pink (MLS02) and NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Dolly Girl (XLC01)

#3. Baby Pink Lips: M.A.C Lipstick (A22) and Lipglass (A12) duo both in Snob and NYX Lip Pencil in Dolly Pink (839)

#4. Red Hot: Nars Matte Lipstick in Mascate

#5. Liquid Orange Juice: Maybelline Vivid Lipstick in Electric Orange (880) and Sephora Lipgloss in Orange Juice Shimmer (26)

#6. Plum Purple: Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick By Kate Moss in Rossetto (04)

Be Bold! Be Daring! Be Carefree!
Happy Lipstick Shopping!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment