Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Weekend Recap - In Love with Leather

My weekend recaps have become a regular on Ali's Fashion Sense. I hope you guys like them, as much as I like sharing them with you. Unfortunately, I'm a couple days behind schedule! I took Monday off to watch all the inauguration coverage, and of course on Tuesday I had to give you the fabness (recap) of The First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama! Better late than never right? So let's get to it, shall we?

This past weekend Derrek and I had dinner at a new Mexican Restaurant (we've been on a Mexican Restaurant kick) with one of Derrek's colleagues and his wife. It turned out to be a very lovely evening. Good food, great conversation, and an awesome couple. I chose to get a little glam...since it's been a while. I broke out a couple of the items from my Christmas Overhaul video. I snagged the Cream Blazer from Forever 21 with the (faux) leather lapels, my black (faux) leather jeans, my liquid leather peplum, and my black Jessica Simpson patent leather pumps. I paired it with my feather necklace, silver Michael Kors watch, diamond studs, and my snakeskin clutch from Target. I thought it came together beautifully. What do you think?

OOTD - Dinner Date (purse not photographed)


We topped off our weekend in the Anderson household doing the norm. Getting our praise on at church, then getting our workout in at the gym, then chillen watching some football (shout out to me, both my picks are going to the Superbowl...49ers and the Ravens). I even got my Betty Crocker on and made some lasagna (which by the way my hubby said tasted awesome, which is a HUGE feat for me...considering I got married not knowing how to cook that well). I chose to keep on with the leather theme pairing my leather skirt from H&M, my leather t-shirt from Saks Off the 5th, and my tan blazer which I got from a boutique in Atlanta. I accessorized the outfit with black tights, my Jessica Simpson pumps, a silver rope chain, and my silver studs and watch. Like I mentioned in my video these (black and white) leather pieces are easily interchangeable which allows me to stretch and create more diverse looks with a few staple pieces (I may do a blog post on how to create fresh looks with the same pieces so stay tuned). But for now take a look at my Sunday's Best outfit. This outfit is a little edgier (for church) with the leather, but I softened it up by adding the blazer and the pumps incorporate giving the outfit a well - rounded balance of tough and  girly!

OOTD - Leather head to toe :)


Happy Hump Day to you all! Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment