Wednesday, March 4, 2015

[Burnt] Orange & Green


The colors orange and green spark different emotions to different people. To my husband he thinks of peas and carrots (it's a bit of shade…and a fun inside joke he always teases me with, as he went to a rival HBCU = Historically Black College or University). When I see orange and green it takes me back to my first love of higher education. The place where I met so many long lasting friends. Where my life was in shambles every other day (not really…just a young college student being dramatic) trying to obtain my Industrial Engineering degree. Where I learned an abundance of life lessons to become the woman I am today. The colors orange and green are the colors of my illustrious Alma mater, Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University aka FAMU. Those colors will always be near and dear to my heart and evoke nothing but a smile whenever I see them. So when I pulled out my orange and green blouse from my closet all I could do was smile. I decided to pair the blouse with a dark pair of skinny jeans and my cognac suede boots that I picked up from Aldo 8+ years ago. I grabbed my burnt orange silky cardigan as a layering piece, then draped my cognac leather jacket around my shoulders for a more dramatic effect. 







Outfit Details: Cognac Leather Jacket (TJ Maxx), Orange Silk Cardigan (Forever 21), Orange & Green Blouse (Love Culture), Denim Skinnies (Old Navy), Cognac Suede Boots: Old (Aldo), Aviators (H&M), Gold Watch (Charming Charlie's)


Shout out to all my rattlers who bleed orange and green all across the nation! #Rattlerforlife #IloveFAMU. And of course shout out to all my Ali's Fashion Sense readers, followers, and subbies. I love y'all too! SN: That's enough HBCU pride for today. I am off to go get pampered, thanks to my amazing husband aka my dope photographer, for purchasing me a much needed 60 - Minute Massage as my Valentine's Day gift. So I'm off to have a good day. I hope you do the same! Happy Hump Day luvs.

-Ali

1 comment:

  1. Look at you... Repping FAMU colors! Ha ha. I love this look. Very chic.

    ReplyDelete